• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneDog

Beach Lover
Feb 4, 2006
Count ColiFecal said:
My perception is as follows:

They would prefer to congregate in one common spot. And they will pay dearly for the priviledge to gather there.

There seems to be much consternation regarding the high cost of property as compared to surrounding areas. I would propose that this in fact will actually bode well for the future of this place. The snob factor will be your most valuable asset. For the affluent are well insulated against the aforementioned 'economic downturns', 'interest rate hikes', and 'increased insurance rates'.

I suspect these factors will, however, bode ill for the lands to your east and west.

You mean like Aspen CO?

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Bobby J said:
2 more contracts!!!! It is getting busy! :clap_1: All end users. Investors are still shy but the end users are looking and buying. There are also alot of pendings on the MLS this week!
Excellent news Bobby! :clap_1:

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Seeing lots of activity right now in Ariel Dunes tower 1. Orig contract holders are closing plus several of them have successfully assigned their contracts. What a view:

From goofer's link:
Sales have slowed and more houses are sitting on the market, according to Nicholas J. Marotta, president of the Ocean City Board of Realtors.

He blames speculators for rapidly inflating and then depressing the market by trading in condominiums and oceanfront homes that they bought with low-interest loans requiring only small down payments.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Cil said:
From goofer's link:
Sales have slowed and more houses are sitting on the market, according to Nicholas J. Marotta, president of the Ocean City Board of Realtors.

He blames speculators for rapidly inflating and then depressing the market by trading in condominiums and oceanfront homes that they bought with low-interest loans requiring only small down payments.

I certainly hope this NYT "reporter" didn't quit his day-job. :cool: