• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

haileyhashes

Beach Crab
Aug 28, 2009
If the K9s lost his cent at the bay, why didn't they cross? It's no that easy to loose a scent. If he had gotten out of the water on the same side the dogs would have smelled it.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
He is long gone and appears to know his way around wooded areas very well. I talked to one of the deputies last night on 395 and he felt pretty confident that the kid got away. The dogs lost the smell at the bay. I think it would be pretty easy to ease out of here if you remained calm about what you were doing. This guy is no rookie to running.
I agree. He has been running for almost a month from TX. He had enough sense to get far away from TX asap. It wouldnt surprise me to find out he has a military background and is very capable of surviving over night in a state forest.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
It sounds like WCSO deputies have done everything humanly possible to ensure the safety of residents - phone calls, vehicle searches, home visits, etc. Kudos the them.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
We are off E. Mitchell too and I jump every time I hear something rustle outside! It is so quiet that every noise seems loud.

Everyone over here should check their gates- ours was left open, and thankfully I discovered it before the dogs found it and got loose. It looks like law enforcement peeps and dogs were in the back yard at least once last night- lots of footprints all over.

We were thinking about you guys yesterday when a friend called us with the news. Be safe!!

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Wait..... I see two cop cars and two cops outside my house RIGHT NOW (not kidding :blink:). Oh nevermind, I live in another state across from a substation/fire department. :D

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
does anyone know about this rumor?? i heard he had a hostage??
hadnt heard THAT one yet. But I am sure that at least ONE of the many deputies I had contact with yesterday would have mentioned it.

snowman

Beach Lover
Apr 1, 2008
our neighbor heard it from a tom thumb attendant. i would think he'd be out of state by now though. hard to believe the cops couldn't catch him with swat teams and infrared