• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
I'm happy to hear Pepper is on the mend :clap:

Boring -- it's a core class -- Excel with financial applications. Yesterday we were doing the formulas to compute how much one would need to save for retirement at age 65 to maintain a decent lifestyle. I came to the conclusion that I don't have enough in my retirement account yet. I was trying to lighten things up by saying, "Well, guess I'll be a bag lady living under one of the overpasses on the 75/85 connector in downtown Atlanta. (People actually live there). One of the kids jokingly said, "Yeah, you'd probably be on crack, too." I said, "I don't need crack -- I already act like I'm on it, although I wouldn't know what it looks like if I saw it." :rotfl: They thought it was hilarious. Kinda broke the boredom from looking at the formula
PV=R(1-(1+i)^-n)/i
where PV is the amount you need to have saved by retirement
R is how much your periodic retirement check will be
i is the periodic interest rate
and n is how many checks you think you'll need before you die!
(This can also be done using the Excel PV formula).

TMI.

:lolabove: Yes, but you will be the most stylish bag lady with bags from NeimanMarcus :rofl:

I heart you, BR. I will pass this on to my financial advisor, Mr. K, because it makes me break out in hives. :D But, it does remind me it's time for a kept wife update.
Yes, one must always do what is necessary to be "kept.":lol:

I'm happy to hear Pepper is on the mend :clap:

:lolabove: Yes, but you will be the most stylish bag lady with bags from NeimanMarcus :rofl:
Thanks (re Pepper).

And I have enough shoes that I could share them with the other bag ladies! On second thought, maybe I'll just try to remain a kept woman so I don't have to depend on my own retirement fund.;-)

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Glad to hear Pepper is up and about, before you know it she will be back to boxing and dancing.;-)

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
Any updated news to share on Pepper's recovery? I'm hoping for the best and sending prayers your way.

On Friday we have to take our Flat Coat Retriever to vet for a very suspicious looking lump on his rear paw. I noticed it before our vacation last week and have been worried ever since. He's 7 1/2 so sure hope it's not cancer.

It's never easy when you have to worry about those fur kids :sosad:!!

Any updated news to share on Pepper's recovery? I'm hoping for the best and sending prayers your way.

On Friday we have to take our Flat Coat Retriever to vet for a very suspicious looking lump on his rear paw. I noticed it before our vacation last week and have been worried ever since. He's 7 1/2 so sure hope it's not cancer.

It's never easy when you have to worry about those fur kids :sosad:!!
I see that he's black. Black dogs are more at risk for some reason -- they don't know why. Black standard poodles, black labs, and black giant schauzers are most at risk for toe cancer. I don't know about other retrievers. Hopefully it's just one of those benign fatty tumors that dogs get.

We won't get the test results back for a few weeks. Pepper gets her bandage off tomorrow. She's getting back to her old self, except that her front left paw (the one she likes to box with the most) is the one that had the toe amputated.

EDIT: I just pm'ed you with some links regarding flat-coat retrievers.

Last edited:

Valentino

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2008
So sorry to hear. My sixteen year old puppy passed away this last September do to cancer, Pepper will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Autumn Moon

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2008
nirvana
boxing and burping seem to be poodle traits...Brantley does both well!! (mean right jab) lol
Glad to hear Pepmeister is doing well, it must be a relief for now
if they would just hurry up with those test results...

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
"Zelda" and "Princess" send their best wishes to Pepper and hope everything is well. keep all of us updated.

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
Princess is a two year old black Lab mix. Thanks to you and Pepper we will be watching Princess and her toes.