• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Prayers please!

New posts
I thought I would give everyone a little update. Lori went to the dr today, a reg scheduled appt. She has her good days and bad but today was one of the bad ones. She was hoping the dr would tell her she'll be feeling better soon but he said it could still be a while. She finished the iv meds today and starts taking oral meds tomorrow. ( this kept changing) She sees the neuro on Tuesday next week. She's quite depressed and discouraged that she can't care for her kids the way she needs too and she has to ask for help. I am there when I can be. Next week I'm going to take the kids or go and stay a night or two. Her MIL and my mom are helping too. Prayers are still appreciated!!!:wub: Wish I had better news. At least we know that she'll get better. It's just a matter of time. Today Sam had her annual check up and she was vaccinated against bacterial meningitis. I wish there was a vac for viral. I never want anyone I know to get this.:bang:
Refresh my memory - - is it Bell's palsy? Is she taking prednisone? I do hope she starts feeling better soon as I'm sure the depression is making it doubly worse. You are a wonderful sister to try to help her out in any way you can. That in itself is a blessing to her & hopefully this will be short lived! :wub:
 
Refresh my memory - - is it Bell's palsy? Is she taking prednisone? I do hope she starts feeling better soon as I'm sure the depression is making it doubly worse. You are a wonderful sister to try to help her out in any way you can. That in itself is a blessing to her & hopefully this will be short lived! :wub:


She's heard so many different doctors call it different things. The biggest thing is she still has the meningitis and that is what makes her feel so bad. She's been on an anti-viral iv since leaving the hospital, prednisone, and pain meds. She also started vitamin B complex.Since her face is paralyzed on both sides the doctor today just said her 7th cranial nerve was traumatized. I do feel so helpless and I truly believe prayer makes a difference.
 
Thanks for the update. She is fortunate to have a sis like you.:wub:
 
Thanks for the update, OL. She has been in my thoughts.
 
I thought I would give everyone a little update. Lori went to the dr today, a reg scheduled appt. She has her good days and bad but today was one of the bad ones. She was hoping the dr would tell her she'll be feeling better soon but he said it could still be a while. She finished the iv meds today and starts taking oral meds tomorrow. ( this kept changing) She sees the neuro on Tuesday next week. She's quite depressed and discouraged that she can't care for her kids the way she needs too and she has to ask for help. I am there when I can be. Next week I'm going to take the kids or go and stay a night or two. Her MIL and my mom are helping too. Prayers are still appreciated!!!:wub: Wish I had better news. At least we know that she'll get better. It's just a matter of time. Today Sam had her annual check up and she was vaccinated against bacterial meningitis. I wish there was a vac for viral. I never want anyone I know to get this.:bang:

I am glad to hear she will get better. I will certainly keep her in my thoughts and prayers. :wub: Thank you for the update.
 
Ol, I've been thinking about your sister and hoping she'd be much better by now, but I guess these things take time. I know she must be so sick of being sick.She'll get there! I'll continue to pray for her.
 
She's heard so many different doctors call it different things. The biggest thing is she still has the meningitis and that is what makes her feel so bad. She's been on an anti-viral iv since leaving the hospital, prednisone, and pain meds. She also started vitamin B complex.Since her face is paralyzed on both sides the doctor today just said her 7th cranial nerve was traumatized. I do feel so helpless and I truly believe prayer makes a difference.

:wub: :wub: :wub: My Dear Friend Ocean Lover:wub: :wub: :wub: I just saw this thread...having my own family medical problems of late I've been crazy. I just want you to know that if there is a financial need please tell your friends so we can help, if she needs flowers lets us know, a card, a book....magazine....food....anything! She has a multitude of prayers, but sometimes just getting things from outsiders help.

Keep an eye on any kind of infections that might show up that may look like a bug bite, pimple, scratch....etc, and turning red and swollen. We are dealing with that in a family member and it's a bacterial infection picked up at hospital facilities (and some other places) quite a lot....... more then anyone is aware of. Something like staph, but it's called "Mrsa", and it seems to be immune to antibiotics. I'm sure Dr. Skunky could say more about this....but just wanted to bring it up.:idontno:

Your sister is now in my prayer closet at home....along with you, your mother, her children, husband....well you get the picture!

Take care girl and know that you are so loved!:wub: :wub: :wub:

Your SoWal Friend,
Kat:wave:
 
:wub: :wub: :wub: My Dear Friend Ocean Lover:wub: :wub: :wub: I just saw this thread...having my own family medical problems of late I've been crazy. I just want you to know that if there is a financial need please tell your friends so we can help, if she needs flowers lets us know, a card, a book....magazine....food....anything! She has a multitude of prayers, but sometimes just getting things from outsiders help.

Keep an eye on any kind of infections that might show up that may look like a bug bite, pimple, scratch....etc, and turning red and swollen. We are dealing with that in a family member and it's a bacterial infection picked up at hospital facilities (and some other places) quite a lot....... more then anyone is aware of. Something like staph, but it's called "Mrsa", and it seems to be immune to antibiotics. I'm sure Dr. Skunky could say more about this....but just wanted to bring it up.:idontno:

Your sister is now in my prayer closet at home....along with you, your mother, her children, husband....well you get the picture!

Take care girl and know that you are so loved!:wub: :wub: :wub:

Your SoWal Friend,
Kat:wave:


MRSA is so scary. You know I'l be praying for you and yours too. Your kind and loving heart is so apparent in all your posts not just the one above.:wub: :wub: :wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top