• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I visit many beaches as do many of you here. Hilton Head, St. George Island, Cape San Blas, Orange Beach, Pensacola, South Padre, The Keys, Boca, and various islands in the Caribbean and South Walton is very different when it comes to chairs. I'm actually taken back by it. Plus it's getting worse and I believe it will drive people away. I figure the government is in on it because they get tax money off of the rentals. That was $300 I could have spent at any of the local restaurants or shops. But I had to buy chairs- absolutely had no other choice. Grrr.
I would bet these kids in trucks with umbrellas and chairs pay very little taxes.
As for sign post,BMB has the life guard stand as the middle,vendors on one side(51') public on opposite (51'). Seems to be working, except a few vendor customers who are 3 rows back from surf simply move their chairs to the other side,on occasion life guards will tell them the rules and move them back....

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
We had seen the RentGearHere signs down there a couple
of weeks ago but didn't notice the "Beach Reserved..." fine print. Glad to hear they bcked off n approach. We didn't see them down there over the 4th weekend.

Last edited: