• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Progressive Conservatives

New posts
Nobody cares if they live how they want to live. I don't care what they do as long as they do it in the privacy of their own existence. I do not want their lifestyle rammed down my throat however.

Can you tell me how gay marriage has anything to do with ramming it down your throat?

They're not asking you to celebrate their weddings with them or even be a part of their lives. They're asking for the same rights as anyone else in LOVE.

L-O-V-E is the issue you are forgetting. Gay marriage not about the act of sex, but our society is sexualizing the issue, the same way they did with interracial marriages until just a few decades ago.

Why don't you look at it is people who want gay marriage illegal are ramming their beliefs, values & hang-ups down other people's throats by NOT allowing them the right to marry.
 
20% I guess since her approval ratings are 80%. Real unpopular that Palin.

Palin approval rating drops in Alaska

68 PERCENT: Latest poll shows percentage drop from the 80s.
By CHRIS ADAMS
McClatchy Newspapers
Published: October 1st, 2008 01:11 AM
Last Modified: October 1st, 2008 12:07 PM


OOP'S
 
Nobody cares if they live how they want to live. I don't care what they do as long as they do it in the privacy of their own existence. I do not want their lifestyle rammed down my throat however.


Read, go back in the closet, you make me nervous

I've never had a Gay knock on my door trying to save me and bring me the word of their lifestyle like Bible thumpers do.
 
Nobody cares if they live how they want to live. I don't care what they do as long as they do it in the privacy of their own existence. I do not want their lifestyle rammed down my throat however.

Interesting choice of words. :rolling:

Tolerance and love we could use more of. They made this country great.

Everyone would agree I hope that this was not one of our finer moments. Thousands lost their lives to correct that mistake.:(

Geez - "not one of our finer moments"? "thousands"? Really? Is this all the perspective you are able to muster? Try several hundred YEARS of moments, and MILLIONS of lives destroyed, and MILLIONS of families eradicated, and MILLIONS of lives wasted in suffering, persecution, and death that still lingers today. :cry:
 
Interesting choice of words. :rolling:

Tolerance and love we could use more of. They made this country great.



Geez - "not one of our finer moments"? "thousands"? Really? Is this all the perspective you are able to muster? Try several hundred YEARS of moments, and MILLIONS of lives destroyed, and MILLIONS of families eradicated, and MILLIONS of lives wasted in suffering, persecution, and death that still lingers today. :cry:


Pardon me for not postrating myself enough for your liking.:biggrin:
 
There is one big reason that you see little from the last eight years that resembles a conservative- because Bush is NO conservative. He is a RINO, a wolf in R clothing and the biggest disaster to conservatives since...well, his daddy. Bush has much more in common with Obama than he will ever have with the party of Reagan.

As to where "religion" enters in, this country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Under those principles the nation flourished. Abandoning those principles will lead to ruin.


OMG. I don't even know what to say. Should we legalize slavery again since that was in the founding principles?
take away women's right to vote?
get rid of a full time army?
 
Nobody cares if they live how they want to live. I don't care what they do as long as they do it in the privacy of their own existence. I do not want their lifestyle rammed down my throat however.


Ditto the religious right and their agenda. Many find their lifestyle as distasteful as you seem to find the gay lifestyle. Don't ram it down my throat either.( interesting choice of words by you:yikes:)
just saw the above post beating me to the punchline
 
Last edited:
It's hard to blame legislation initiatives like this on a small portion of the population (the religious fundamentalists) when you have similar initiatives gaining majority vote in states like California. There are a lot of people who feel very strongly about this and always have. On Gay marraige, over 60% of the country feels it should not be legal, and on abortion, over 70% feel abortion should be restricted in some way or entirely illegal. That's not representative of a small group, that's a super majority which includes a lot of Democrats.
what is the fascination with gay marriage....is this a pressing issue, or this a biblical issue?
 
OMG. I don't even know what to say. Should we legalize slavery again since that was in the founding principles?
take away women's right to vote?
get rid of a full time army?


Those are not principles, they were misguided policies.:bang: Founding principles would be like "all men are created equal" for example.:clap:
 
Ditto the religious right and their agenda. Many find their lifestyle as distasteful as you seem to find the gay lifestyle. Don't ram it down my throat either.( interesting choice of words by you:yikes:)
just saw the above post beating me to the punchline


I do not recall "ramming" anything down your throat. :floor:Explain what is wrong with "you go your way, I'll go mine?":idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top