• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I asked in an earlier post specifically which beaches are "public".

The theme of much of this post has focused on Blue Mt Beach.

So am I clear that these are the spoiled, rich, greedy owners I am now supposed to oppose their private property or are there more on 30a?

I'm just trying to see where I should focus my envy and hate.

(Sarc)

Public's has my fav IPA on sale and finally have Beer Nuts n stock. So,I'm stocked and sitting back and watching the want-to-be Private-Eyes, and Witch Hunters scour the stacks at the library for tell-tell docs. #Watching#
But remember I still have my favorite big wooden spoon, perfect for stirring the POT. Which is what I like doing the most,and I know, How and WHO Just needs a little push and their off on their rants........See Y'all At The Beach and thanks for keeping me entertained....

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Walton County Board of County Commissioners meeting 9 a.m. on April 26 at Walton County Courthouse, DeFuniak Springs. Among items on the agenda are: a request from Walton County Tourist Development Council (TDC) for further direction on plans for the Walton Dunes Public Beach Access; and citizen comment and requests regarding the latter beach access.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I've spent the past two days on the beach near Ed Walline and Blue Mtn.

I've seen a few private signs, no gates, ropes barrbed wire to the wet sand...

Everyone I saw was free to travel East and West and West and East again, undisturbed and unmolested.

I really don't see what the big issue here is and neither did the people I spoke to. They complained about PARKING.

I did notice about two dozen glass container violations and no one giving a flip about that. Many were in the direct view of our life guards. Do they not have cellular phones where this can be reported to WCSO or the over paid and underworked code enforcement? Really? Its not even summer yet!!!

Before anyone jumps on me about the direct view of the guards, it was clear and flat today. One of the violators was about 10 feet of the guard chair at EdWaline...

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Not the lifeguards job. Did you make a call?

Typical and expected response. Not my job... Basic Walton County.

I stopped calling WCSO for this (and Code Enforcement) after last year when I waited for over 40 minutes for a response. No one came. It's all documented.

I'm just looking for some solutions. Why can't the guards make a call? Union rules?

You are a class A can kicker Mr Union rep!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Or maybe you want someone to cut their feet on glass. It will generate a call and you all can log a response for stats...

Give me a break Bob...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I think its everyone's responsibility to be good stewards of our environment.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
" Not My Job" is a T-shirt for all Walton County Employees to wear on Casual Friday.

SWFD can design and fund this program, even though they are not " County"

Sorry SWFD, your Union rep brought this upon you.

" Not My Job "!

I have always supported SWFD but this is enough!!!!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
First, the lifeguards are not represented by the Union. Secondly, as for my comment that it is not their job, it could, in my opinion create a conflict between those they are suppose to protect and themselves as sometimes things can get out of hand when you have angry customers. Thirdly and finally, because I am a Union Rep does not have anything to do with SWFD. When I make comments on this board or anyplace else I do it not as an employee and in a majority of the time not as a Union Rep, but as a citizen and taxpayer. You or anyone else do not have to like my opinions but they are mine, I own them and will not back away or hide from folks who hide behind screen names because the fear something or someone.