• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
John G, I do not think anyone is disputing the fact that the Beach Activities Ordinance has been unevenly enforced or even has been ignored. I support stepping up enforcement and think most residents feel the same way.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Dave R., Do you feel this is being properly Enforced? Yes or No?

I am going to guess that it is not and that is a very relevant point John. I just saw yesterday that they made some staff full time to hopefully address this; clearly that is not going to be enough. I would say that should be the main focus of Beach Front Homeowners and I would stand with all of you in that effort. I am happy to help in any way. I'm sure you would remember I made that issue a central point of my comments to the Beach Access Workshop panel some months ago. I completely agree that this MUST be addressed so Beach Front Homeowners have a quick and efficient system looking out for the the need for peace and quiet behind their homes. It's clear that that is a central issue and flashpoint that got us to this point.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Holy Cow, did I read the last two posts from Danny G and Dave R correct?

We (the three of us) are actually in agreement that Enforcement of the Ordinances are a core problem?

We may actually be getting somewhere.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
There is absolutely no reason that enforcing the BAO is not a priority and that the TDC does not hire enough people to make sure it is fairly and evenly enforced. I consider enforcement officers and the equipment and training they need to be infrastructure supporting tourism. I include removing those trespass signs as being part of enforcing the BAO.