• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I have a question. We come there every April. I am getting to book a reservation. Last April we lucked out and came the week after most of the spring breakers were there. What would you say the optimum week would be for that? I love what Dunelaker said. To be out and about and enjoy the dynamics is so much fun. One more thing, as long as I have been coming there I have never been there in the summer. What is it like? A waitress at a local restaurant told me that the locals call if the "100 days of hell." Is that true? Love it down there and you that live there are so lucky.

The 3rd or 4th week of April is optimal timing!

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Thank you so much for your timing advice. Santa Rosa Beach Publix is where? Is that the new one on 98 just past the end of 30A? You are all so lucky to be there. We are coming mid April and I am counting the days. I have one more question to you who live there. If you were going to go to dinner on 30A around July 4 would it be a mob scene? I think I have to experience it once in the summer just to get a feel for it. We love April and October. Somebody sink their toes in the sand for me.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Thank you so much for your timing advice. Santa Rosa Beach Publix is where? Is that the new one on 98 just past the end of 30A? You are all so lucky to be there. We are coming mid April and I am counting the days. I have one more question to you who live there. If you were going to go to dinner on 30A around July 4 would it be a mob scene? I think I have to experience it once in the summer just to get a feel for it. We love April and October. Somebody sink their toes in the sand for me.

Yes the new Publix is on 98... b'tween 393 and 331 lights.
Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I do everything I can to stay in the 'hood NORTH of 98 around July 4th!

Found myself in WC Publix around 4pm on the 4th a couple of years ago :blink:... think it was around Halloween when I finally escaped. :lol:

For all that... definitely experience EVERY month here... because it is the most wonderful place to live and be!
Enjoy your vacation!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We discovered the best time to shop at Publix during season late Thursday evening and early Saturday morning. It's a little busy, but not nearly the hell on Earth that 4pm at Publix on a Satuday is.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
We discovered the best time to shop at Publix during season late Thursday evening and early Saturday morning. It's a little busy, but not nearly the hell on Earth that 4pm at Publix on a Satuday is.

Mainly stay away Saturday and Sunday afternoons. In general, any morning or early afternoon is OK, even at the peak.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Aaahh! Wanted to report that I just returned from a quiet, lovely trip to the WaterColor Publix about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Like shopping in a quaint little village where everyone knows your name. BTW, pot roast, pototoes and carrots are on sale. Will make a cozy meal for the rain forecast for later tonight and tomorrow. The other South Walton Publix stores, Santa Rosa Beach and Grand Boulevard at Sandestin, should take some of the heat off the WC store this summer. Along that same line, the Panama City Beach Publix is on the way home from Mini-Miracle Strip at Pier Park.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Aaahh! Wanted to report that I just returned from a quiet, lovely trip to the WaterColor Publix about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Like shopping in a quaint little village where everyone knows your name. BTW, pot roast, pototoes and carrots are on sale. Will make a cozy meal for the rain forecast for later tonight and tomorrow. The other South Walton Publix stores, Santa Rosa Beach and Grand Boulevard at Sandestin, should take some of the heat off the WC store this summer. Along that same line, the Panama City Beach Publix is on the way home from Mini-Miracle Strip at Pier Park.

It's okay, you can tell them you're hanging pool side at La Vela we won't judge. :rotfl:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
It's okay, you can tell them you're hanging pool side at La Vela we won't judge. :rotfl:

:wave: I'm afraid the ferris wheel and merry-go-round are more thrilling these days and more in line with my snowbirdish age. Thanks for the laugh, though. You won't see me lining up for the freebies on the beach with the springbreakers at La Vela. I did get BOGO cranberry juice at Publix today.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic

:wave: I'm afraid the ferris wheel and merry-go-round are more thrilling these days and more in line with my snowbirdish age. Thanks for the laugh, though. You won't see me lining up for the freebies on the beach with the springbreakers at La Vela. I did get BOGO cranberry juice at Publix today.

:lolabove::rotfl:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Oh My Gosh! Drove home from all the days activities and passed WaterColor Publix and the parking lot was FULL at 5 p.m.!! Didn't know it was already time for us locals to get into our combat grocery shopping mode. I thought the traffic was heavy on the way down 331 from DeFunk today. Spring has arrived in SoWal.

Oh yea, we're there! Went to grab lunch at Wild Olives with the pooches and even though there was 3 tables available, they were too slammed to seat me soooo I went down to see Ali at Chans and guess what! I got a seat and a fabulous lunch! :clap: :love: We love visitors but I wish there was a list of people who took care of locals "in-season" as well as off-season. :dunno: