• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
Yea I am saying that there are accesses that legally belong to property owners north of 30A that have been taken over by BFOs. There are even pictures somewhere on this site (I think) of one that Mr. McMansion landscaped and put up palm trees in the middle of it.

Well that sucks. I know when I bought my property I had to stay right on the title company as they were missing things. I know one neighborhood Seabreeze took Ramsgate to court and won back their access. So yes, I got ya now. I'm sure you are right and it's very ridiculous. But unfortunately, it was up to the deeded access owners to defend their interest and not let someone get away with pulling this kind of crap. Seems like a lot of messy stuff with property has gone on in Walton county. I could go through my neigborhoods battles but your point is well taken.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
Why would the judgement state the owners of gulf shore manor subdivision. If you notice the owners tried to take ownership and the judge ruled on behalf of the gulf shore manor subdivision. Also the land you are talking about was in that judgement. The property between the back of his house and the dunes belong to gulfshore manor. He has about 5 foot of setback.the he claimed the beach on other side of his property. And it's not just him it's the complete area. There was a road at top of dunes at one point.the developers purchased upland property , then they went to claiming land. That is when the ruling came in. If you go to top of dunes you can see where the line is. The sad thing this area is not the only one. Look at stallworth lake walkovers . You will see not long ago they took ownership of easements also

Okay - but it's a quiet title claim between two private parties and nothing to do with the county. What does this have to do with private owners taking PUBLIC property?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
It IS ridiculous.. but when you have out of state owners where the property has been in the family for generations and they never see the "public notice" signs on the road, plus you have some unscrupulous BFOs that will "unintentionally" not notify ALL 25 property owners because they might just object to it.....and that judge just sees what is put in front of him, drawn up by the BFOs lawyers, then you have Walton county BCCs signing off on the deal...You end up with a bunch of grandkids that inherited some land in Florida with beach access (supposedly) coming down to find their properties access doesnt belong to them anymore. And I promise that there is more of it than we will ever know because the county isnt going to admit they allowed it.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
This will be the next one they try to take
Yep... because the Montigo one has never had a walkover. They will say it has been abandoned even tho there is CLEARLY a trail showing it is still in use.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
It IS ridiculous.. but when you have out of state owners where the property has been in the family for generations and they never see the "public notice" signs on the road, plus you have some unscrupulous BFOs that will "unintentionally" not notify ALL 25 property owners because they might just object to it.....and that judge just sees what is put in front of him, drawn up by the BFOs lawyers, then you have Walton county BCCs signing off on the deal...You end up with a bunch of grandkids that inherited some land in Florida with beach access (supposedly) coming down to find their properties access doesnt belong to them anymore. And I promise that there is more of it than we will ever know because the county isnt going to admit they allowed it.
I hear you, but I'm confused? How would the BCC sign off on any quiet title claim? It's ruled by a judge.

People fight generational wars over property borders and rights so nothing should surprise anyone.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
It is owned by gulf shore manor sub. The county parking at Santa Clara is really gulf shore manor beach. The San Juan road is private . And they own the Dothan, pelayo and Santa Clara access.

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
It is owned by gulf shore manor sub. The county parking at Santa Clara is really gulf shore manor beach. The San Juan road is private . And they own the Dothan, pelayo and Santa Clara access.

So who is your beef with here? It sounds to me to be Gulf Shore Manor Subdivision. I'm not following at all that this is PUBLIC property that someone is taking with quiet title.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
SL makes a great point, quiet title actions clarify or will quiet the title of property between recent private owners or on private properties where the public thought are acted as IF the property was public property. Unless you believe all Florida beachfront properties are publicly titled property or owned by the public, and the reportedly 60% of Florida beachfront private property, are fraudulent titled; the public has NO property rights to private property to “quiet” and all the bundle of rights that go with the private property owner’s title. Regardless of who has title; public customary use of private property “... does not create any interest in the land [or to the title] itself.”

If the ANY Walton quiet title was fraudulent or in error don’t you think the commissioners would be all over that!? So show all Florida beachfront property is public property fraudulently titled to private owners through quiet title with evidence OR stop the fake facts, and my sand is your sand, emotional outcries.

Don't even go into the quick claim deeds conspiracy please.