• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Well that sucks. I know when I bought my property I had to stay right on the title company as they were missing things. I know one neighborhood Seabreeze took Ramsgate to court and won back their access. So yes, I got ya now. I'm sure you are right and it's very ridiculous. But unfortunately, it was up to the deeded access owners to defend their interest and not let someone get away with pulling this kind of crap. Seems like a lot of messy stuff with property has gone on in Walton county. I could go through my neigborhoods battles but your point is well taken.

What land does your title insurance policy insure?

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
This will be the next one they try to take

You can bet those "get outta my yard" geezers will.

I just started a thread called "Beach Access Watch". Would you post this on that thread?

I see this as a thread where we can catalog, take present photos, post old photos, of ALL of Walton County beach access points.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
So what happened with the Montigo Avenue Public Beach Access? It has been removed from the TDC list of public accesses. How did it get taken away?

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Also someone let me know after I posted that Headland Avenue Access has disappeared. I looked and it is true. There is a house where it once was. This is not a good trend. It seems the people of Walton County are getting shafted.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
For gulf shore manor, if it were a prize fight. The score is Frank Watson in round 7 is leading 7-0. Maybe county should out source this one. They are selling lots that are a part of law suit. Also sold his own lot that filled in creek (last lot north Santa Clara). He’s made an offer to county to pay clients off or will settle in court. Yet they let him do what he wants. ( Montigo access). Cross the state control line on beach. They also took Bramble Grove from former developers so they could build more houses, with no title. So in the end I say they will give them all they want, as long as they keep their illegally built parking lot. Notice that south San Juan (blue sign) is a private road, but county parking. Santa Clara county parking on gulf shore manor property, remember they get paid for every parking space each year. From my dealings with them they’re trying to keep their money from state and not pay lawyers for what they think is their’s. That is why Tony Anderson said he’s not allowed to talk at it.( no show tony).from what I hear the state pays 1,000 a year per spot.at this point any one who thanks I’m wrong go to Santa Clara north. End of road all white sand was filled in in 2018, which planning new and state stopped . Now pilings in creek and also permit for next lot past.