• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Raw oysters SOWAL

New posts
30A Skunkape said:
Is there anyplace in SOWAL where you can get good raw oysters now that Hurricanes is gone? Smiley J said Captain's Table in Panama City (where is that SJ?), but anywhere closer? What about that place in Freeport (Fannin's?) where 331 and 20 meet :idontno:

FYI..we went to Snapperheads on Friday night and had the best, coldest raw oysters for..drum roll please.... $5 a dozen! You just can't beat that and the heinnies were special priced as well..what a combo!! :clap_1:
 
Franny said:
FYI..we went to Snapperheads on Friday night and had the best, coldest raw oysters for..drum roll please.... $5 a dozen! You just can't beat that and the heinnies were special priced as well..what a combo!! :clap_1:

Just had 2 dozen at Snapperheads. The waitress plead ignorance, but I strongly suspect the oysters were from Louisiana and not Appalachicola (mrs skunk agrees). They were wonderful though. $5 a dozen is a great deal for these plump creamy oysters yall :clap_1: Tuna dip was killer too
 
oysters at bogeys in defuniak springs....................... topped with caviar and horseradish sourcream sauce.............. FABULOUS. appalachicola oysters are the best in the world....from a personal standpoint anyway., especially is you harvest them yourself. : )
or you can try out the raw bar itself............................ :cool:
if you go out be sure to tell jimmy mac and mr gator I said hello...........they can be a little harsh at times but thats because there are so many tourists coming in the territory. Be sure to get your own drinks from the cooler as they wont get them for you!!!! luckily for all the last storm forced them to remodel........ cant wait to see the new look!!!

tis outlaw land still, so be on your best behavior!!
 
if you want him to share tis a good idea.......... I know i carry my own oyster knife........ not that im willing to actually shuck my own oysters.( thats a mans job!)
 
We also like the oysters at Busters, fresh and cold!
Unfortunately, I could not disagree more. :blink: I've tried the oysters at Busters three times (and they're out!) and they were warm, dirty, and poorly presented. Nobody has mentioned the ACME in Sandestin. I've probably had oysters there a dozen times and they have been cold and salty. They also do grilled oysters which are quite good, too. There is a place in Destin Commons by Bass Pro that has raw oysters, but I haven't tried them yet.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top