• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
njackie said:
Does anyone know what is up with the two huge gulf front villas in Santa Rosa Beach, aka Seagrove right next to Sugar Dunes that are selling at auction Sept. 7?

Two words: Negative Cashflow.

andipandi

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2006
Disilvar,
If you are looking --just looking. I have seen some good buys/sales IMHO. Good thing I am house poor or might try to buy something myself.
You may be a realtor or investor and do not need my 2 cents. Of course there are some honest, sharp realtors like Bobby and SJ who could help if you are not.
Things of interest:
Lot on San Juan $215k this am
A nice house sold in Sand Cliffs (south of 30A) for $550K. There is another good buy there.
I think there have been some deals in Seacrest and White's Gulfview Estates. Houses selling for what lots did in the past. Good luck! Buy something everybody lets' get this inventory down.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Spencer said:
I went to an absolute auction in Freeport tonight of 40.5 acres that allowed for 80 units. It sold for 700,000. Maybe 50-60 people, about 4 or 5 bidders. Winning bidder was a call in.
So I guess my guys who had it under contract for $5M+ and backed out are happy now. That was prior to the higher density zoning. I know the sellers are a little freaked out now for selling absolute. Let's see $700K + $70K buyers premium for auction, + another 3% ish for closing costs, divided by 80 lots = raw land cost of ~ $9,500 per lot -- not a bad deal for the buyers, and since Ms Cuchens probably paid very little for the property, she should be happy, but is probably more disappointed that it didn't close ealier at the premium price.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
So I guess my guys who had it under contract for $5M+ and backed out are happy now. That was prior to the higher density zoning. I know the sellers are a little freaked out now for selling absolute. Let's see $700K + $70K buyers premium for auction, + another 3% ish for closing costs, divided by 80 lots = raw land cost of ~ $9,500 per lot -- not a bad deal for the buyers, and since Ms Cuchens probably paid very little for the property, she should be happy, but is probably more disappointed that it didn't close ealier at the premium price.

Does that mean that "market price" for Freeport land has dropped a smidge? :dunno:

dsilvar

Beach Fanatic
Jan 12, 2006
Miramar beach
andipandi said:
Disilvar,
If you are looking --just looking. I have seen some good buys/sales IMHO. Good thing I am house poor or might try to buy something myself.
You may be a realtor or investor and do not need my 2 cents. Of course there are some honest, sharp realtors like Bobby and SJ who could help if you are not.
Things of interest:
Lot on San Juan $215k this am
A nice house sold in Sand Cliffs (south of 30A) for $550K. There is another good buy there.
I think there have been some deals in Seacrest and White's Gulfview Estates. Houses selling for what lots did in the past. Good luck! Buy something everybody lets' get this inventory down.
Thanks AP..not a realtor or investor. Just someone who likes the area. With insurance on homes so "up in the air" I might wait a while. I have a 1031 I have to deal with. Good luck on your place. Regards.