• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Paula said:
Glad the list is helpful. The additional information is helpful, too. I'll revise it based on new information and bring the new version to the cottages this summer.

Regarding the fishing and "residents", would someone be considered a resident if their main residence was in another state but they owned property in SoWal?

Have to be a FLA resident.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
beachmouse said:
Do people still use Deer Lake SP as an unofficial nude gay beach? I can remember the summer we'd decided to hit every state park in the panhandle, getting to Deer Lake, and realizing that I was the only woman anywhere around, and that some of the dudes were doing their best to, um, avoid getting tan lines.

In vehicles, mention that cars are supposed to stop for pedestrians looking to enter a crosswalk. Also that bicycles are legally allowed to share the road with cars, (riding with traffic) and don't have to use the bike path if they don't want to. It's dangerous for the 20mph bikers to try to share the path with recreational bikers and joggers.

The part of the park you're talking about is now WaterSound, and was always owned by St. Joe even though most people didn't know it. Before WaterSound started, the cops did crack down on the happenings there. No pun intended.

Unfortunately, 30-A has become unsafe for bikes. I keep on the bike path and slow it down in congested area.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Good info Paula, as a "renter" it is really great to know all of the rules :clap_1:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
kurt said:
The part of the park you're talking about is now WaterSound, and was always owned by St. Joe even though most people didn't know it. Before WaterSound started, the cops did crack down on the happenings there. No pun intended.

Unfortunately, 30-A has become unsafe for bikes. I keep on the bike path and slow it down in congested area.

I wonder if the area to the east of the Navarre Beach toll bridge is still a nude sunbathing area? It's all military property with zero development along the gulf from there almost to FTW

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Thanks Kurt, Surf fishing now reminds me of an old Simpson's episode where Homer is jumping back and forth over the boundry lines at the U.S. embassy in Australia. Walk out, illegally cast, walk back, legally wait for the fish to strike, walk out in the water to illegally net/land fish, walk fish ashore to show to illegal, unlicensed family dog and/or nekkid kid, and later cook the fish on illegal, unlicensed bonfire. Finish the evening by breaking my big toe on the walkover because I can't use a flashlight or roadflare to find my way back to the rental house.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Bob said:
Thanks Kurt, Surf fishing now reminds me of an old Simpson's episode where Homer is jumping back and forth over the boundry lines at the U.S. embassy in Australia. Walk out, illegally cast, walk back, legally wait for the fish to strike, walk out in the water to illegally net/land fish, walk fish ashore to show to illegal, unlicensed family dog and/or nekkid kid, and later cook the fish on illegal, unlicensed bonfire. Finish the evening by breaking my big toe on the walkover because I can't use a flashlight or roadflare to find my way back to the rental house.

:rotfl:

Or you could drive your unstickered illegal jeep out on Grayton Beach and then throw it in reverse to legally drive on the pavement.

And pour your illegal beer from a glass bottle into a legal plastic cup, then hop in and out of your jeep with it - open container violation, not, open container, not, open . .. .

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I generally try to keep sand out of my shorts on the beach. I don't know how that would work on a nude beach. :lolabove:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Legal...............illegal............legal.............illegal..............doooooooh!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
That's a major undertaking, but it sounds good to me. I *think* the TDC has brochures on the flag warning system, but I don't know of anyone else who has such concise & correct information in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.