• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dusty

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2005
Your list is great. After all the discussion on the board, what about explaining why it is important to stay off the dunes?

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
I have a question. One rental agreement we were sent for a beachfront property had a rule that the front door and the back door were never allowed to be open at the same time. The reason for this might be obvious, but I am just not getting it. Anyone know?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
BeachDreamer said:
I have a question. One rental agreement we were sent for a beachfront property had a rule that the front door and the back door were never allowed to be open at the same time. The reason for this might be obvious, but I am just not getting it. Anyone know?

The through wind can be stiff and the door (usually front) can slam and cause damage or injury.

beachma

Beach Lover
Apr 22, 2005
kurt said:
Add:

It is illegal to leave items such as umbrellas, chairs, tents, toys, etc. on the beach overnight. Such items can cause accidents and are dangerous to nesting sea turtles and their offspring.

Please refill holes dug in the sand, even small ones - people will fall into them and break something!

Do not allow anyone to dig caves or tunnels in the sand. Suffocation deaths have ocurred from collapsing caves and tunnels.

Children who are not toilet trained should wear swimmies in all waters.

Remain clothed. Unfortunately, there are no nude beaches in SoWal. At least not during the day. :lol: - might leave that one out.

Great suggestions! My husband was the poor victim of an abandoned beach hole one night walking back to our condo from Bud & Alley's :rotfl: ! We still laugh about it...but whenever we run across one...we fill it in!

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
Good suggestions! We didn't know about the sea turtle nests our first year there.. didn't know why it was bad to leave tents up on the beach, etc.
Just one suggestion.. take a few pics of what's left of the dunes right now and add them to the list to reinforce why it's so important not to walk on them!
I really think 99% of the people who come to SoWal do so because they think it's the most beautiful place in the country (I know that's why we come), and would be happy to do what they can to preserve it, if they knew what those things were.

Status
Not open for further replies.