• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dragonflycafe

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2009
Hello (again!)

We've been coming to lovely Sowal for more than a decade and would like recommendations for a 'less crowded' area.
We usually go back and forth staying in either RB or Seacrest, but last summer it was as busy as I've ever seen it. It was more difficult to do the biking we love on the crowded sidewalk and the beach chair company would set up 4 rows deep at daybreak which also hampered things for our family.
We *love* that area, but can anyone recommend another area that isn't quite as stuffed in the summer? I'm familiar with 30a, but I'm sure there are many rentals/establishments that I'm forgetting. I'm looking for a place that sleeps 4-6 with a less crowded beach (doesn't have to be dead...just not people on top of each other and chair companies hogging the sand.)

Thanks in advance!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Try the Blue Mountain Beach area. It is much less crowded than the East end and has nice restaurants and many nice condos. Bella Vita, Adagio and Sea Bluff are all great with easy immediate access to the beach.

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
Try Cape San Blas or Mexico Beach. The sound at the end of Cape San Blas is great for kids. Hermit crabs everywhere, shallow water. Visit Appalachicola for the day. Very quaint fishing/oyster town.

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
Our family has been vacationing on 30A area for 30 years. Even bought property to retire. Selling property and we haven't vacationed there in 3 years. Beach chair vendors are ruining the area. When we vacationed in Grayton 3 years ago, couldn't believe that there were beach chair vendors who told us we couldn't put our chairs in their area. So sad. We have moved on!

RB1

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2008
www.BeautifulBeach.com
Dune Allen Beach, on the west end of 30A, is a very quiet family beach community - no crowds, but close enough walking or bike riding distance on the 30A bike trail to Gulf Place. We have a large selection of Dune Allen Realty Vacation Rentals on and along Dune Allen Beach - gulf front, gulf side and on the north side of 30A (just across the street from the beach). If you would like assistance, please call 888-267-2121 and we will be happy to provide you with recommendations for the perfect vacation rental for your family.
30a_perfectvacation_ad.jpg

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Unfortunately, most of 30a has lost it "quiet".

Have you considered one of the "Sleeps 30, Super Mega Wedding Houses". They fail to tell you they only have four parking spots.

Located across from Bramble Grove Beach Access.