Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
I wonder why you are angryI saw it in the black and white abstract faces. Anger was my first response. Not on the paintings posted here, but on the myspace site.

I wonder why you are angryI saw it in the black and white abstract faces. Anger was my first response. Not on the paintings posted here, but on the myspace site.

I wonder why you are angry![]()
I was just pulling your chain a little. Art is so subjective. I think most people reflect on something in their own life when looking at art, searching for association.I am not angry. I saw the artists anger and frustration in the drawings. Just like Van Gogh. At the Van Gogh museum, the paintings are displayed for each period of his life. You can see the frustation, peacefulness and anger in his style.
The black and white drawings appear as if the artist is angry.
to be honest, sorry in advance.
when I look at these, I think you should slow down. "art" doesn't happen in a hurry. oh, and look up Cy Twombly.
I think it is odd when people reject training in the arts, as though it somehow will corrupt you or make you a beret-wearing navel-gazer. you mentioned something akin to this on your site.
Most self-taught artists don't survive. I can only think of one that did- Howard Finster- and it only worked because it was folk art.
Van Gogh, Gauguin, Monet, ( I could go on for forever) etc.- all took classes...