• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
jdarg said:
Well, some of the prom dresses were pretty darn close to naked, so I guess it could be a "streak" place! Bdarg and I were not streaking- we were too busy smearing our faces with butter and sauces.

I am giving up for the night- I am "butter drunk" and must lie down....you ladies carry on the funn and post some great reading material for the a.m.!!!

I'm toast! Check you in the a.m.! Sweet buttery dreams, gull friend! ;-)

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
jdarg said:
I am ill. Just got off the phone with Peapod, which kept me distracted through my groaning stomach. I may be over the worst of it. BBQ shrimp (best part of the meal- the bread soaked in the sauce was way YUM!), caesar salad, lamb chops, halibut, steak, fries (kids were with us), and CREME BRULEE!!!!!! Our children were great and lovely company- no nosepicking at the table or anything!:D

BUT- it was an evening of "Jdarg, this is your life!" It is prom season, so lots of prom dates there for dinner. Then, I ran into MY senior prom date, we laughed, yada yada. As we were leaving, ran into my 9th grade prom date. At that point, I hauled a$$ outta there- it was only going downhill. My son probably thinks I dated half of Louisville!:eek:
OMG...HOW freekin' ironic!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: two prom dates in one evening!!! someone is trying to tell you something...but what could it possibly be...:dunno:

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
their bbq shrimp is the best - we get it for an appetizer sometimes. glad you had a good time. were you wearing a prom dress ?

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
JB said:
It's not a steak place? Hmmmm. I guess their logo is just a mirage.

ruths_logo.jpg
it is.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, I had already deleted my post, as I noted after she astutely pointed out my typo. Sigh.

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
I think I may have taken you to a prom....hahahahaha. Me? Seneca High School Class o' '77......30 year reunion in September. It'll be a doozy.

Last edited:
A Tulane alum owns the Ruth's Chris in Atlanta, and Tulane alumni Mardi Gras parties have been held there. He always serves NOLA food as well as steaks, so that's great when you're in Atlanta and missing NOLA. A lot of the flavor depends on the items being covered in butter BTW. :yikes: If I had caught you earlier, jdarg, I would have told you to ask for no butter. The food is pretty good, but you get a month's worth of fat grams in one meal.

Sorry - drive-by post. The prom date story is hilarious. :rotfl:

Last edited: