• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Skieir said:
I have stated many times I have a house in Seaside.

"Independence Day" at 726 Forest Street in Seaside, MLS# 379539. 1600 sf for $1,800,000 ($1,125/sf). Listed 1/26/05. Bought in $430,000 in 1997. I would be willing to take $980,000 for it just to prove my points about the dire market in SoWal.

Skier's SoWal rule: the more equity you have the more smug you become.

If my memory serves me, I thought SKIER posted that he had a house in WC? Bad memory (sometimes) or just SKIER hiding behind false identities :rotfl: ??

That is the big mystery on the board.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
I would say after reading some of these "longer, rambling" posts, I do prefer "facts and realities" over "all the reasons we have a beautiful beach" posts...Too much of the latter contain "feel good and I didn't make a bad decision not to sell feelings"...I have found the Wal Co. sales number posted monthly in the Walton Sun to be the most helpful...Is anyone familiar w/them and their accuracy...I know they are purchased from Metro Market Trends by the Sun...Are there other internet related sources that show prop. under contract or monthly compiled numbers...strictly numbers

To skier, is there just no foot traffic or are there a lot of lookers and no takers...are agents showing a lot of property or are they just sitting around trying to work their existing book?

Robert

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2005
Athens, GA
Smiling JOe said:
Who is Skieir? Everyone knows Skier's house is in WaterColor. Nice try though. You must be like one of those guys raising money for the Red Crosss.
I saw that too. We have a "smurf".

smurf = someone who pretends to be someone else on the internet

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
redfisher said:
I would say after reading some of these "longer, rambling" posts, I do prefer "facts and realities" over "all the reasons we have a beautiful beach" posts...Too much of the latter contain "feel good and I didn't make a bad decision not to sell feelings"...I have found the Wal Co. sales number posted monthly in the Walton Sun to be the most helpful...Is anyone familiar w/them and their accuracy...I know they are purchased from Metro Market Trends by the Sun...Are there other internet related sources that show prop. under contract or monthly compiled numbers...strictly numbers

To skier, is there just no foot traffic or are there a lot of lookers and no takers...are agents showing a lot of property or are they just sitting around trying to work their existing book?

Part of my rambling was that real estate in resort areas is made up of more than just numbers. IMO numbers tell only part of the story. Again my opinion.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
redfisher said:
I have found the Wal Co. sales number posted monthly in the Walton Sun to be the most helpful...Is anyone familiar w/them and their accuracy...I know they are purchased from Metro Market Trends by the Sun...Are there other internet related sources that show prop. under contract or monthly compiled numbers...strictly numbers

You can go to the Walton County Property Appraiser's site, and click on Sale list, but be warned, it is not updated as often as it should be. Also, they get their info from the Clerk of Court, and sometimes the information is not accurately transferred from the Clerks Office. My understanding is that the information between the two offices is not interlinked.

Realtors have much more up to date data through the MLS, and there are other subscription services which a few Realtors have which is updated more frequently than the Property Appraiser's office.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
w/regard to the prop appr site...if that's what you are referring too...the direct clerk or court site is updated daily and have a great deal more info than the prop appr site...the info i'm looking for is to be able to tell if a property on mls is under contract or not...i would imagine you would have to be a realtor to access that kind of stuff but was hoping someone might have been able to find an "in"...thanks, red

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
redfisher said:
w/regard to the prop appr site...if that's what you are referring too...the direct clerk or court site is updated daily and have a great deal more info than the prop appr site...the info i'm looking for is to be able to tell if a property on mls is under contract or not...i would imagine you would have to be a realtor to access that kind of stuff but was hoping someone might have been able to find an "in"...thanks, red

The MLS would be the best source for that info. You are correct about the Clerks site being more updated and accurate than the PA's, but it is much more difficult to locate the info.

Are you looking for a specific property status?

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
not really, i would assume i have the same problem as everyone else...i see thru mls all the prop for sale in my subdivs but have no way of telling which have gone under contract or not till they fall off...just looking for another gauge of price points/activity...is there another source for that metro mkt trends data other than the Sun...that seems to be the best way to judge activity month to month but the Sun doesn't seem to be proactive about getting those numbers out there...i called and the editor didn't really know what i was talking about and didn't even understand that they pay MMT for the data

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Redfisher, I get those numbers from Market Trends. I will try to remember to post them here each month.