• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
i saw those flags and thought it was so tasteless. trying to attach "patriotism" to their greed. ha!

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
There is a condo. in Seacrest on the beach called Andante and they have sectioned off their slice of private beach for a couple of years now. Just walked by there today and beach chair set ups with umbrella's go from one property line to the other and I know what the beach chair vendor is doing because many times those chairs are not even occupied. Then in all the dry sand from the dune down to those chair set ups at the waters edge are small signs stuck in the sand declaring a PRIVATE BEACH and many times the chair guy is enforcing that on people walking by. In many ways I can just imagine how it got that way. There is always another side to the story. We lived on the beach for several years and had no problem with others using our beach. Our deed was very clear that our property went down to the Gulf of Mexico but felt and still do that the beach is here for everyone to enjoy. But (and this is a BIG but) the problem was as this area became more popular people would slide down the dunes, leave big holes, use the sand as their personal ashtray, leave cans and bottles behind along with other litter and not remove their chairs and other beach items when we had signs posted that we maintained a turtle friendly beach. Sure we have a beach ordinance but the county hardly enforces that and had a conference about just that this afternoon with a turtle walker and beachfront homeowner. It was such a problem keeping our little beach clean and free of debris in spite of the signs which people didn't take seriously. We had one family actually replace their lounges and chairs THREE times before they took our sign seriously that we would dispose of items left behind. It was quite funny to watch the same family return to the beach daily with new items complete with store tags and that happened three days in the row before they took the hint we meant business. If our visitors left our beach the way they found it, there would be NO PRIVATE BEACH SIGNS!

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
those signs go well with a beach wedding, huh? even if the wedding is on the public beach, you will probably end up with the signs in your photos!!

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
Can I just tell you that whole Andante things bugs the Hell out of me. We just purchased in Magnolia Cottages by the Sea last spring. When we came down to see the house and that stretch of beach in February, and again in April... there were no signs, or indication of a problem. Now we go down and they have it roped off, with barely room to walk in front of it. It's ugly and gives a feeling of such rudeness. I deal with that sh-- on Ga 400.... not on 30A. And to my left a lovely beach chair company has erected chairs and umbrellas as far as the eye can see. What the Hell?? I want to go down to that beautiful piece of the beach and be left alone, as do my guests. I'm almost embarrassed by it. I can promise you this, I will work on it. Those little buggers will get a dose.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
Theres no enforcing this rule legally unless you produce a certified new survey daily.you can't just guess with a sign. the lifeguards who enforce it near me know not to mess with me

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
We were down this past weekend.... AMAZING. Oh my goodness, the water, the weather. I haven't heard that many screams of laughter from my girls in a long time. It was just what we needed. However, things are the still the same with regard to Andante and their displeasing signs and chairs propped all the way to the water line. Can I complain and expect something to be done? Do I just call the Sheriff's office. Do you guys know who exactly I go to about this?? The signs are not only rude, but unsightly lining the beach. And, they are up all night along with the beach chairs and umbrellas. My husband and I went for an evening walk and were met with the signs and chairs practically being washed away with the tide. I'll try to post the pictures I took, but I seem to be a bit more challenged with the newer format of things.