• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

"Savannah" dinner

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
I think you may be thinking of Eufaula, located about 50 miles north of Dothan. ;-)
I think you might be right. I was trying to think where all the beautiful old homes are when you're passing thru to the beach.
 
destindreamin said:
"Tater Boogers".....just makes me laugh :lol: Please post the recipe gttbm :biggrin:

That is hysterical!

I am licking my chops just thinking about those grits at the Baithouse!!! I will be there Monday morning!!!
 
Johnrudy said:
I think you might be right. I was trying to think where all the beautiful old homes are when you're passing thru to the beach.

I think you may be right and Allifunn may be thinking of Eufaula, but Dothan does have some lovely old homes but you don't see them passing through to the beach.

One of the best things about Dothan is location - close to beach, close to Atlanta :D
 
imasunbum said:
I think you may be right and Allifunn may be thinking of Eufaula, but Dothan does have some lovely old homes but you don't see them passing through to the beach.

One of the best things about Dothan is location - close to beach, close to Atlanta :D
Does anyone wonder where SJ is originally from? I'm thinking he knows WAY too much about LA (& I don't mean Calif.) not to be from there! ;-)
 
gotothebeachmom said:
I'm going to get FutureBeachBum to post it. We have an "arrangement" he cooks I clean. I am fairly convinced he gets the better end of the deal. :funn: it's worh it though. That boy can cook. :wub:

Ok. Here you go!

ngredients:

Leftover Red Bar/331 mashed potatoes
Dice up 1/4 sweet onion
Dice up 1 fresh jalapeno
Dice up 1/4 fresh sweet pepper
Butter/Olive Oil (your choice)
1 tsp parsley
Bread crumbs (I use Italian)
Shredded cheese (I use cheddar usually)
Milk/Cream

Pan the veggies in a little butter or olive oil.

Combine in a bowl with the potatoes and cheese. If the mixture seems too stiff add a bit of milk. If it is too loose, add a bit of flour.

Shape into patties

Dredge in the bread crumbs

Pan in butter/olive oil over medium heat until golden brown, turning once.

Now we'll have to kill ya! :funn: ENJOY!!!!
 
gotothebeachmom said:
Ok. Here you go!

ngredients:

Leftover Red Bar/331 mashed potatoes
Dice up 1/4 sweet onion
Dice up 1 fresh jalapeno
Dice up 1/4 fresh sweet pepper
Butter/Olive Oil (your choice)
1 tsp parsley
Bread crumbs (I use Italian)
Shredded cheese (I use cheddar usually)
Milk/Cream

Pan the veggies in a little butter or olive oil.

Combine in a bowl with the potatoes and cheese. If the mixture seems too stiff add a bit of milk. If it is too loose, add a bit of flour.

Shape into patties

Dredge in the bread crumbs

Pan in butter/olive oil over medium heat until golden brown, turning once.

Now we'll have to kill ya! :funn: ENJOY!!!!

Nah, you don't have to kill me. I'm having a heart attack just reading this. mermaid better add this to her recipe book so she can make "tater Boogers this week!
 
jdarg said:
Nah, you don't have to kill me. I'm having a heart attack just reading this. mermaid better add this to her recipe book so she can make "tater Boogers this week!

She's on the road. Maybe I'll phone her the recipe. ;-)
 
Johnrudy said:
Does anyone wonder where SJ is originally from? I'm thinking he knows WAY too much about LA (& I don't mean Calif.) not to be from there! ;-)

Johnrudy - I asked above but he doesn't respond....I don't think he likes me....no tar, not many postings, no pics and don't really debate on the board (like some from the RE forum - whew!), however, I actually probably admire him, his pics, his knowledge and his humor more than anyone on here . I have asked before before he won't tell. Could be his goobers really aren't safe in Dothan. Such a NUT :funn: JK
 
Smiling JOe said:
I think you may be thinking of Eufaula, located about 50 miles north of Dothan. ;-)
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: just smack me :banging: ...Eufaula it is :oops: .....:biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top