• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What about left and right hand turn lanes?
doesn't work well with stop signs, due to five cars stopped at a three-way stop. Much like WaterColor/30A intersection, which would be a nightmare if WaterColor had much traffic turning north and south.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As a Seagrove resident, I'd say the jamup at 30A/395 is so infrequent as to render ANY investment there a waste. It only happens at the absolute peak, like 4th of July weekend. The rest of the time, it flows just fine. As I've often said, this isn't Atlanta, so what's the rush anyway?

If we just HAVE to spend some county $, let's put up a traffic light and turn it on only on peak visit times.
The rest of the time, I'd bet the current 3-way stop would flow more traffic than a light. It sure seems that the Rosemary light actually impedes traffic flow rather than helping it, both on 30A and on Barrett Circle.

:clap: I like the seasonal light idea.

I think the County received funds from Nature Walk's concurrency for roads, and they have to spend the money on improving the road in that area. While a traffic light isn't needed currently, IMO, if we look forward when Nature Walk is built out, as well as other developments on 395North, I think we will definitely have a need for some higher-capacity traffic system at that intersection.

Round abouts seem to work very well for people who are accustomed to them, but I guarantee you that most tourists will be confused as to what to do, who has the right of way, etc. In addition, I think they take up too much area if designed properly. I remember Asheville getting a round about near the school. It was their first. It worked fairly well until the fire truck had to maneuver around it. The firetruck couldn't make it, and they had to re-engineer the roundabout to make it work for emergency vehicles.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'd suggest a cop directing traffic, but that doesn't always work either. Anybody remember when the power lines went down on 98 and ever bit of traffic was routed onto 30A? I distinctly remember this as traffic was backed up from 395 east past Eastern lake.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Before we spend a bunch of money on a roundabout (which we don't even have room for BTW) I suggest people:

1) Hang up their cell phones and pay attention
2) Stop at the stop signs (cars and bikes)
3) remember that "traffic" is relative - yes it is slow and sometimes frustrating using that intersection at peak times, but it's still only 5-10 minutes
4) we should think long term when planning for further growth - another north-south route or connector to 395 would be much more effective at reducing traffic just making traffic go around in a circle

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I didn't think the idea of a roundabout at that spot had gotten any traction. I really do not see how it will work with the bike path (or for that matter, with the serious bikers). I'm inclined to think leaving it ,as is, would probably be best solution. Another possibility would be to pave Grove street and reroute bike path that direction just to ease the congestion.:blink:

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Eminent Domain!! The County can take all the land it needs for this private project because it's for the public good.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
who is going to give up that much real estate? the house to the south has nowhere to go, so it would all have to come from George and Ebsco, and 30 would need to routed a bit North, now, before V is built.

It's the lounge, thus the :D

Do you dislike smileys so much you don't even see them? :sarc::lol:

Still, those trees would have looked nice in the center. ;-)