Scenic 30A now 25 MPH between Watercolor and Grayton

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by 30A Skunkape, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Well, said.

To the powers that be, please don't 4-lane 30A.

2. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

Unfortunately, you can't keep street legal golf carts off 30A. What we can do is make sure that no multipath trail is built that would allow any golf cart on it. These would include the ones driven by kids without driver's licenses. Strict enforcement of the requirements for street legal golf carts should be done by the sheriff's office. I put golf carts on the 30A roadway in the same category as bicycles. I can wait until it is safe to pass them. There is not an overabundance of them anyway and certainly not at this time of the year.

3. Zebraspots

Zebraspots Beach Fanatic

The only way to keep street legal carts off 30a is by keeping the speed limit at 45 and enforcing the laws.

People will lose their interest in them once they find out they are not a vehicle one is allowed to operate while intoxicated, underage, overloaded, and without a seatbelt.

4. rdelong43065

rdelong43065 Beach Fanatic

I believe the City of Lynn Haven passed an ordinance banning carts from city streets including areas near the golf courses.

5. Graytonranger1

Graytonranger1 Beach Comber

If you've all noticed the FED and county law enforcement have been periodically giving tickets to speeders in this area, all have been locals to my knowledge, are they going to make the tourist adhere to the new speed. Probably not.

6. kayti elliott

kayti elliott Beach Lover

Maybe it's a conspiracy.