• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Unfortunately a bridge will never be built now. Due to the band-aid this project will take a back burner. In addition one cannot begin to figure out how a replacement bridge could ever be built. Considering that the business's in the area screamed bloody murder that it must be fixed or they would go under, there is now no "good" time to replace the band-aid with an actual bridge.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Unfortunately a bridge will never be built now. Due to the band-aid this project will take a back burner. In addition one cannot begin to figure out how a replacement bridge could ever be built. Considering that the business's in the area screamed bloody murder that it must be fixed or they would go under, there is now no "good" time to replace the band-aid with an actual bridge.

What a totally negative and unfounded, not to mention, ignorant post. I am damned glad the road is once again open and if a bridge is needed and warranted, I have been told it will be built.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
What a totally negative and unfounded, not to mention, ignorant post. I am damned glad the road is once again open and if a bridge is needed and warranted, I have been told it will be built.

Andy board is loaded with negative nannies.
Nuff Said. FYI. You did nail it on ur last two
Post.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Excuse me
Oh will you excuse me
I'm just trying to find the bridge... Has anybody seen the bridge?

(Have you seen the bridge?)
I ain't seen the bridge!

(Where's that confounded bridge?)

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Dang funny in my opinion. The road way is fixed. The cause of the causeway collapse is not fixed. And the ultimate solution can be put off indefinitely. Will there be a new bridge there someday? We will have to cross that bridge if or when it gets there.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Dang funny in my opinion. The road way is fixed. The cause of the causeway collapse is not fixed. And the ultimate solution can be put off indefinitely. Will there be a new bridge there someday? We will have to cross that bridge if or when it gets there.

You and I do not, nor does anybody else, know if the situation is fixed. County workers checked and cleared the culvert. It is stable, I am toldl, at this time. Whether it will continue to be usable is still up for grabs. The permanent solution would still appear to be a bridge, but as you so aptly say, "We will have to cross that bridge if or when it get there."