• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Thank you, Teresa. We agree almost completely.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
LVToo, you haven't much confidence in anything local that doesn't meet your individual agenda. The county maintenance did a good job in this situation. They didn't need divers as the water was low enough for them to successfully inspect the culvert. And, yes, I talk to a couple of commissionsers any time I feel the need for straight information. Regardless of what many naysayers here think, I have found what I get to be factual and accurate, something I do not get from your or many other posts displayed here. Try a little common sense and questioning for real information, Lake View Too. You might be pleasantly surprised at how successful you are. Also, maybe you should bear in mind that there are only so many maintanence personnel available to accomplish the needed repairs county wide. I feel sure their priorities are not always necessarily yours or mine.

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I do think in this case, the lives of people and businesses on 30A outweigh the preservation of the lakes, but only in the very short term.
I cant agree with this because it doesnt take very long at all to lose one of these lakes and once its gone, thats it.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
You are absolutely wrong on this one, L of B! (Have you and Andy been sharing the same bong?) I have walked across Eastern Lake pedestrian bridge and, if another person is on it ( not even a pack of skateboarders) it will vibrate in a scary way. You gots to stop this bromance with Andy.

You got me there. I've never been on the Eastern Lake Bridge. Maybe that's just acceptable play within tolerances. It's not possible that 2 bridges could have the exact same problem is it??

Well, in any case, it is scary isn't it?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I cant agree with this because it doesnt take very long at all to lose one of these lakes and once its gone, thats it.

I did say in the very very short term. People and lives DO matter. BUT if we don't protect our lakes and coastal environment then nothing else will matter at all. That bridge (and other bridges needed over lakes) will take time to plan and secure permits, funding, and then build properly. People, businesses, locals, tourists must make sure it happens.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I am glad the road is open and look forward to new bridges and better maintenance in the future.

Considering the amount of money 30a puts into this county in taxes, that should be the best maintained road in the county!

ktape

Beach Comber
Sep 25, 2007
I think the county commission responded to a small crisis in a responsive way. It will take some time to get a bridge. I just hope that getting bridges over all the dune lakes ASAP is a high priority. Both, the health and sustainability of the dune lakes and the economic viability of 30a business is of comparable importance. Let's give our CC a chance to do it right this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I heard when they build an actual bridge, it's going to be a toll bridge, but that's just a rumor. It sounds really dumb. Not saying I believe it personally. I forget who my sources even were. Maybe i should wait till I know for sure. Ooops, sorry.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Wrong again! It's going to be a troll bridge.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I am glad the road is open and look forward to new bridges and better maintenance in the future.

Considering the amount of money 30a puts into this county in taxes, that should be the best maintained road in the county!

Zactly.

I think it took a major road problem to get the attention needed for bridges and improvements.