• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sharkstooth

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
I live in WeWOL, this was an obvious problem in July and the county knew it and did not address it. Proper maintenance may have prevented this 30A hole mess! My hope is, heads up, get Scenic Highway 30A to the standard that we expect! Protect our lakes, first and foremost. Any improvements need to be done in a timely manner, to insure local businesses can survive during road closures. Tourists do not like inconvenient detours, neither do locals. Forward thinking by our CC is why we voted them in office. Time for them to do their job.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I live in WeWOL, this was an obvious problem in July and the county knew it and did not address it. Proper maintenance may have prevented this 30A hole mess! My hope is, heads up, get Scenic Highway 30A to the standard that we expect! Protect our lakes, first and foremost. Any improvements need to be done in a timely manner, to insure local businesses can survive during road closures. Tourists do not like inconvenient detours, neither do locals. Forward thinking by our CC is why we voted them in office. Time for them to do their job.

Folks who work for the county are good people - friends, family, neighbors. They are part of a system that requires bureaucracy to be inefficient.

It takes a few people to prevent a problem and several dozen to fix it. There is no incentive to be pro-active.

Once they decideed to repair the road they get it done pretty quickly. If there is any criticism valid it is the decision to repair should have been made same day the problem appeared.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Folks who work for the county are good people - friends, family, neighbors. They are part of a system that requires bureaucracy to be inefficient.

It takes a few people to prevent a problem and several dozen to fix it. There is no incentive to be pro-active.

Once they decideed to repair the road they get it done pretty quickly. If there is any criticism valid it is the decision to repair should have been made same day the problem appeared.

The problem is that the problem isn't recognized as a problem until it becomes catastrophic. The problem appeared as early as July and I agree that it should have been addressed at that time.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Yeah (seriously), but SoWal is the Dead Horse Scrolls.

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Hey I wanted the last word. I missed calling dead horse like LVT. He's crafty. Some good piling on by Will. Excellent!