• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I just checked with our association president and he said our beach walk over at Seacrest (not the Seacrest beach development resort) did just fine. That's good because we just had it built after Ivan last November!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
How's the water look today?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The water is a little rough and muddy near shore, and most of the lakes are open.

Beaches are open but water is "closed" for swimming.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Thanks for the info Kurt. Can't wait for Saturday! It is going to be a VERY unproductive work week for me this week. I'm a little distracted.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Paula said:
I just checked with our association president and he said our beach walk over at Seacrest...did just fine.

Paula-
Do you mean the Gulfview Estates/Cottages at Camp Creek walkover? (If so, that's my access as well, and that's great news.)

By the way, just want to say how much i always look forward to and appreciate your informative posts. And everyone else who makes it fun, funny and educational. I learn something new just about every time.

This should be an interesting year, weather wise. This forum is irreplaceable.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Hey Kurt.... I have looked at all the photos, great job as usual!!! but I was wondering how seagrove looks? in the San Juan beach access area? our gang is headed down in 12 days and I just want to know what to expect. Thanks so much for all of your great info :clap_1: I love this site :love:

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Landlocked said:
Thanks for the info Kurt. Can't wait for Saturday! It is going to be a VERY unproductive work week for me this week. I'm a little distracted.
Hey landlocked...are you headed down on saturday?? if so please post some pictures so we can see whats going on, we will be there shortly after you. Thanks :D

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
seagrovelover said:
Hey Kurt.... I have looked at all the photos, great job as usual!!! but I was wondering how seagrove looks? in the San Juan beach access area? our gang is headed down in 12 days and I just want to know what to expect. Thanks so much for all of your great info :clap_1: I love this site :love:

Thanks! :blush:

The closest I was to San Juan was Palms of Seagrove - a lot of the sand aginst the dunes was washed away. I'll check it out.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
katmoo said:
Paula-
Do you mean the Gulfview Estates/Cottages at Camp Creek walkover? (If so, that's my access as well, and that's great news.)

By the way, just want to say how much i always look forward to and appreciate your informative posts. And everyone else who makes it fun, funny and educational. I learn something new just about every time.

This should be an interesting year, weather wise. This forum is irreplaceable.

Thanks for your kind words, Katmoo. The access I'm talking about is the one that the Cottages at Camp Creek uses which I think is shared with GulfView and some other areas. Our association president said this morning that the access is fine and all is well. The beach, as can see from the photo of the beach in front of Blue Tide that was posted on this forum somewhere, has some of the front of the dunes missing and some black peat "rocks" (though the beach in front of the peat area and near the water looks fine), but I think we're just going to have to get used to that and assume that the changes in the beach landscape are normal rather than abnormal -- otherwise we'd be worried all the time. As long as the beach is there in one form or another, I'll be happy.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Seagrovelover-

I'll certainly post some pics. We'll be in the Dune Allen area right on Stallworth Lake. I haven't heard much on the condition of that area so it will be nice to see what happened down there.