• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
ttiwwop.gif

Well, go down there and take some for us, please!! :wave:

We'll have to let John Branston of Memphis know. He did a great article in Sweet Tea Journal Spring/Summer 2008 remembering his family's first trip to the Seagrove Villas. Cute picture of him and his sister in front of cabins on sand, 1975.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Well, go down there and take some for us, please!! :wave:

We'll have to let John Branston of Memphis know. He did a great article in Sweet Tea Journal Spring/Summer 2008 remembering his family's first trip to the Seagrove Villas. Cute picture of him and his sister in front of cabins on sand, 1975.

I meant to today, but I'm waiting until the landscaping and painting is done.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Just a note to let everyone know that the Seagrove Villas Motel will be undergoing some remodeling and rennovating over the next 30 - 45 days for a grand re-opening this Spring. Lots of new paint, furniture, landscaping, and a general overhaul to restore it to its iconic glory ... We are very excited to get the site cleaned up and to make it available again to everyone who has enjoyed it for so many years. Hopefully, we will be introducing it to a whole new generation of guests over the coming years.

Our rental management company, 360 Blue, LLC, will be handling the rentals starting in Spring, and we will be taking reservations very soon. Feel free to call us anytime for additional information (850-303-0687) or keep an eye on www.360blueproperties.com for rental info and updates coming soon.

Thanks -

Jason

Best of luck to you, Jason. I am so glad you and your team are breathing new life into the Seagrove Villas Motel. My husband and I walk past it all the time when we're visiting our condo and we like it very much. It's one of the few connections to the Seagrove we remember from decades ago. Especially those adorable little bungalows which I am so glad were never torn down! :clap:

May I ask who you hired for landscaping and painting? Our condo grounds are due for some good sprucing up and I'd love to have any leads you can give me (feel free to PM me if you prefer).

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

dragonfly1

Beach Lover
Aug 20, 2007
I do not think I could ever stay there again and I loved it at one time. We stayed there near the end of its "service" and it was filthy....dirty ....horrible and when we discovered this...the office was closed and there was no one to help us get clean towels, etc.....no beach umbrellas...nothing.......It will have to have a cleaning grade before I will ever go back....this was probably two years ago.... Wish it would come back to the way it was probably 10 years ago...but I doubt it.....

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I do not think I could ever stay there again and I loved it at one time. We stayed there near the end of its "service" and it was filthy....dirty ....horrible and when we discovered this...the office was closed and there was no one to help us get clean towels, etc.....no beach umbrellas...nothing.......It will have to have a cleaning grade before I will ever go back....this was probably two years ago.... Wish it would come back to the way it was probably 10 years ago...but I doubt it.....

Did you read the first post?

I haven't seen it yet but will be shooting pics at some point.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachgrl, I hear that frustration. I'd be upset too. Sounds like these new guys are going to give it an honest shot to make it great. I can tell you that driving past it every day, I have seen noticeable improvements, which I think everyone who has stayed there will appreciate. It is looking very nice from the outside, and it sounds like they are giving it a fresh makeover. I hope to hear good things about it in the future from the guests who give them a chance.