• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
If they hadn't shut down when they did in the frenzied thick of spring break a lot more people would have died. People congregate there no matter where they stay in SoWal. A hard choice to close but very necessary.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
May 8, 2020

Seaside, Fla. – The Seaside Commercial District will begin our phased reopening on May 29 while continuing to make health and safety our priority. The ‘Seaside Experience’ will look and feel different this summer. In the first phase of our gradual reopening we will close Central Square to automobiles. This will help set the stage for ‘Seaside Al Fresco.’ With reduced traffic and crowds – strolling, shopping and dining will be even more attractive. Tents will line Central Square establishing an open-air market and the ability to queue guests into retail stores with limited capacities.

Enhanced safety measures will be in place, including the request for patrons and staff to wear face coverings when entering retail stores or when in close proximity to others. Handwashing and sanitizing stations will be placed throughout town, along with many signals to stay distanced from one another. Additional training among our staff will include increased cleaning procedures and instructions, limiting contact with guests.

Only a few of our restaurants offer indoor seating. This is an advantage, as the ‘Seaside Experience’ has always included outdoor dining. To prevent long wait lines, we will ask our guests to use online ordering methods from our ‘grab and go’ food & beverage merchants. Technology will free folks from lines, and hopefully establish a new pedestrian flow throughout town.

Additional protocols and procedures will be announced closer to the opening date. Please check Seasidefl.com as we get closer to May 29 for the most current information. We will remain vigilant, keeping a close eye on COVID-19 cases in Walton County and all of our feeder markets, safeguarding our reopening. Our merchants look forward to welcoming you back to Seaside.

Kerri Parker

Executive Director of Communications

(850) 714-3166 | kparker@seasidefl.com

*If you have questions about vacation rentals, please contact your rental vacation property management company directly.

E5150

Beach Lover
Jun 7, 2018
Enterprise, AL
The business owners there have to be enraged. The ones that are even going to be left, that is. Many are going to be killed off by this. I feel badly for them.

Last edited:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
There are people in the world who are extremely selfish. They care nothing about others, only about themselves. They are easy to spot these days. They support reopening fully and wouldn't wear a mask if their life depended on it. Too dumb too understand it does.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
There are people in the world who are extremely selfish. They care nothing about others, only about themselves. They are easy to spot these days. They support reopening fully and wouldn't wear a mask if their life depended on it. Too dumb too understand it does.

Hi, I was very upset about people not wearing masks, but I'm trying to assume that some are those that have asthma & other breathing problems that the masks are almost impossible for them to wear. Also, there are folks who suffered abuse who feel like they are suffocating & reliving terrible episode in their lives. (Read this in our home newspaper or tv news, so that was something for me to learn and appreciate.) If these people are social distancing then I remain calm. I understand. It's because of those who refuse to wear mask AND refuse to social distance that the rest of us will continue to restrict our public appearances. Food to go. Early morning shopping. Exercising. We continue to be a very divided country. First 45 and reaction to and now the virus and reaction to. Challenging times. Ellen

E5150

Beach Lover
Jun 7, 2018
Enterprise, AL
Easy to see you've never made a payroll, "Karen". Hide and wait to die. Most of us are getting back to living.