• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
Has anyone heard of a free country-fest type concert that is supposedly going on in PCB next weekend?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Those rowdy Beach Boys. If that is a real story, it is a funny one.

Boomer, the back of the tickets read, "no refunds," and my guess is that they are sticking with it. The unofficial word from unofficial Seaside peeps, regarding next week's events, is that Friday will be open to the general public, but still no outside food and beverages. Sat, Sun and Mon will have daily ticket sales, and I'm not sure on pricing. I've heard some whack-O prices and they may just be talk.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Has anyone heard of a free country-fest type concert that is supposedly going on in PCB next weekend?
Well, that topic is probably for another thread, but I believe Tootsie's, a Nashville hot-spot, also located in Pier Park, will be opening this coming week, so they may be having a Country-fest.

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
There's a lot of *****in and moanin here about a pretty cool event. No doubt the promoters should have incorporated Seaside merchants - they should all have tents inside, and if they don't want one - give it to somebody else. The rest looks like people complaining about not getting in for free and being able to park within 20 feet of the event. To those ........ pass me some of what you're smokin. BTW, Rebirth was awesome!

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
What you don't understand is that this event was put on BY The Merchants of Seaside, which is run by a Board of Seaside merchants. The event program says "This event is brought to you by the Arts & Entertainment Fee collected by the Merchants of Seaside."

Respectfully, the above statement should be clarified with several facts.

At a DSA (Merchants of Seaside) general meeting on 12/20/07, merchant attendees were told that the Board had decided the Seaside Spring Wine Festival would be replaced by "Journey Through Jazz" in 2008.

The merchants as a whole were never asked by the Board or DSA office if they wanted the Spring Wine Festival ended. The merchants as a whole were never asked by the Board or DSA office if they wanted a Jazz event.

Thus, both decisions appear to have been made solely by the Board. The majority of merchants had no input nor knowledge until the Jazz event was announced by the Board at that meeting as being a done deal.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Respectfully, the above statement should be clarified with several facts.

At a DSA (Merchants of Seaside) general meeting on 12/20/07, merchant attendees were told that the Board had decided the Seaside Spring Wine Festival would be replaced by "Journey Through Jazz" in 2008.

The merchants as a whole were never asked by the Board or DSA office if they wanted the Spring Wine Festival ended. The merchants as a whole were never asked by the Board or DSA office if they wanted a Jazz event.

Thus, both decisions appear to have been made solely by the Board. The majority of merchants had no input nor knowledge until the Jazz event was announced by the Board at that meeting as being a done deal.

the spring wine fest is no more?

sounds like a bunch of local politics to me. thanks for the insider info BBim:wave:

BoomerSooner

Beach Crab
May 18, 2008
No matter what the problems there will be some great bands next weekend. I am looking forward to seeing wolfman, little freddie and of course, the Neville Bros!:D

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
With all due respect to the wonderful musicians, I now know the answer to "what if they had a jazz fest and nobody came."

I don't know what was going on, but I actually counted the number of people in the amphitheatre at 5:30 pm today - 110 max and that includes the kids playing w/ a frisbee and ball like it was a normal Sunday. :dunno:

Something was VERY rotten in the state of Denmark - even with all the stupid (and empty) tents taking up half the amphitheatre parking spaces and the childish faded marker signs telling people "no parking" in the spaces along 30-A, I had to park further away on Cinco de Mayo for the Taco Bar!

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
This is so sad....with so many businesses, restaurants, etc. giving out incentives to get people in...what are the Seaside folks thinking?