• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
As families and friends plan to vacation in SEASIDE® this year, we anticipate a bustling town center, filled with award-winning shopping and dining, enjoyed by those staying in SEASIDE® and other 30A communities. Whether you're driving in for the day, planning to bike into town for the afternoon, or catching our complimentary shuttle, there's an easy way for everyone to get to SEASIDE®.

After numerous parking and traffic studies, input from well-renowned parking consultants, and three implementations of various paid parking methods, the pay-by-the-hour rate structure launched in 2022 offered the most flexibility and ease of use for our guests.

Beginning March 1, the hourly paid parking program will be in effect. Parking rates will vary by day, occupancy levels, and events. This allows us to maintain proper vacancy levels so visitors have available parking to use and ensures that the parking is most efficiently managed.

Similar to last year, the paid parking experience will have guests park their vehicle on Smolian Circle. Upon arrival, you will notice signs placed around Smolian Circle letting you know what zone you have parked in. Input your license plate number and payment information, then head into SEASIDE® to enjoy your day! We encourage visitors to download The Passport Parking app in advance for a simple parking experience. The Passport Parking App can be downloaded here.

The below map outlines the location of hourly parking along Smolian Circle and the complimentary 1-hour and 15-minute parking for quick stops.

SEASIDE® Implements Parking Plan for 2023

Please note, if you are staying in SEASIDE® Town Center, the vacation rental agency you booked with will provide you with a parking pass that allows parking in the areas for the duration of your stay.

In addition to our hourly parking program, we have increased the number of shuttles, bike racks, and golf cart spaces.

Seaside's complimentary shuttle services pick up on the east side of Highway 283 in Grayton Beach, across from the Shops of Grayton, in a public parking lot. Park in the lower lot and the shuttle will arrive within 15 minutes and drop guests off under the Lyceum Archway in the center of SEASIDE®. The shuttle is available to guests and employees and runs daily from 6 a.m. to midnight. See the map below on where to catch the shuttle and the route.

SEASIDE® Implements Parking Plan for 2023

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Are they actually going to monitor the 15 minute and 1 hour spots? I consistently see people parked in those spots for hours if not all day.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Are they actually going to monitor the 15 minute and 1 hour spots? I consistently see people parked in those spots for hours if not all day.
Do you think they would actually have a car towed? Not likely unless it is blocking a driveway or abandoned.
Nothing else they can do.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We chatted with a man today checking his list to make sure no employees were parked at Seaside. We were on our bikes & stopped to chat. (Noticed Elmo's was being updated. Areas of 331 being cleared and the little bit we drove from there to 30A yesterday, more clearing. Did get $15 off our lunch yesterday at Bud's, using our credit card from previous trips. Not many kids here yet. Seaside has put up signs on the beach that remind people to not get in the water and they will be fined $500. Sherriff drove up and down the beach most of the time we were there. Not people at our end - thank goodness. The two people we chatted with, one couple is from Louisville, the other, his brother is a chaplain in the Ville. Loving the weather! Ellen

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Employees parking in Seaside they can do something about. They can fine employees and businesses owners.

Unfortunately, clear cutting has become the norm in SoWal. Really shocking considering our landscape is so important and beautiful. I guess people prefer parking lots to trees and consider irresponsible development as progress.

Elmo's is gone and to be replaced by 3 Sons BBQ.

Jennifer Latham

Beach Crab
Jun 12, 2023
Oklahoma
Hi bobbob I am wondering exactly where it drops off. Does it stop at grayton state park? Anywhere else along the way? Like watercolor? Is it able to carry bikes?

Jennifer Latham

Beach Crab
Jun 12, 2023
Oklahoma
Thank you James. So if staying in seaside with no car and wanting to get to grayton state park, the shuttle isn’t really an option? P.S. I’m very familiar with the area. We come every summer. I’m just trying to avoid renting a car this year. It’s a little too long of a trek for us to ride bikes from seaside to the state park. I’m guessing the shuttle isn’t really an option either?