• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
True. Should the wins he got while coach of Howard be included? I guess when you step back you can say he was smart to stay away from the SEC and get some championships. People can call them chicken but given the state of ball in this day and age that's about the least of your worries.

I wanted FSU in the conference and Bowden would have gone with it - if the Gators hadn't balked...a lot of bad blood I guess.

http://classicnoles.typepad.com/gar...lorida-was-ordered-to-play-florida-state.html

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Clemson tie in with Auburn...they've only played once in the last four decades.

Of course Auburn knew Ole Bobby would beat 'em like a drum after they canned Terry but time heals all wounds and Auburn had a contractural option to buy out the game.

I guess you've never hear about the campus design similarities or the fact that they are considered sister schools or that Clemson is sometimes called Auburn with a lake. Come on Buz, you need Clemson as that's one SC school we know GA can beat, FSU not so much.:cool:

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
I can drive to Tallahassee though...just saying.

I hope we can beat Coastal Carolina they haven't lost a game and we haven't won any.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I can drive to Tallahassee though...just saying.

I hope we can beat Coastal Carolina they haven't lost a game and we haven't won any.

Understood, but I can drive to Clemson :D

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Something to think about

If Oklahoma leaves for the Pac-12 and takes Oklahoma State with them, the Big 12 is over regardless of what Baylor decides to do with this lawsuit.

But...the big 12 has a guaranteed automatic birth in the Fiesta Bowl until 2013, regardless of how many teams are in the conference. So Baylor would have a 5 team conference (assuming Tech and UT go with OU) that they are pretty much guaranteed to win every year. Winning the conference will get them to the Fiesta Bowl through 2013. Also, Baylor will get to collect the large checks these schools will have to write for leaving the conference.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
As I look into my crystal ball for this week, I see that the little schools in the little 12 will drop the lawsuit threat and aTm will come into the SEC. The SEC will also send offer out to Mizzou, WV and FSU this week....stay tuned.. Might also see some wild announcements with the little 12 and the Big East collapse due to multiple invitations to their members by other conferences....

Crystal Ball holding true...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6980644/pitt-syracuse-apply-join-acc-ranks-source-says