• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
kurt said:
Have heard that Shades is gone soon but haven't heard about anything free.

Bud & Alley's is not closing.
So can we officially put the B&A rumor to rest.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Been here before. Would not hold my breath about it being ok. There are many, many similar cases where the management just dosen't get it and needs to be 're-educated'.

You can do a preemptive strike, or you can mourn over the ashes of your favorite watering hole after the management has their way.

Best idea is to move the establishment out of the danger zone (hopefully out of the subdivision completely because soon there won't be anything left of merit - all upscale potties you might go to once or twice for a function but certainly not daily).

Realize that the management, who probably fly in once a month or even less, detest 'casual' and don't like 'those kind of people', especially "bars", which "bring down the tone of the neighborhood".

Start a new drink called the 'Preemptive Strike" dedicated to moving the bar.

Look for suitable locations and tell everbody about them.

Especially tell the bar owners themselves that you would follow them anywhere, and to their faces - they're probably worried that if they move then no one will come, and the expense of moving may be the nail in the coffin if the attendance cannot recoup it quickly.

Makes me shed a tear for those that we have already lost to the horror of gentrification. :sosad:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
insert popcorn eating smilie here

Sueshore said:
Thank goodness for this news. I was on the way and after stopping at Frank's C & C for heavy chain and locks....I was proceeding to meet gttbm, phd., the Funn's, et. al. on the top of B & A's, where we would be chaining ourselves to the bar. No velvet allowed (sorry BR...laugh with me on this one!!!) Don't mess with Miss Kitty's favorite catbox!!!!!
I'd definitely be into civil disobedience along with the rest of you if B&A were to be forced out.

SS, how about a GT sweatshirt and AG's?

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Beach Runner said:
I'd definitely be into civil disobedience along with the rest of you if B&A were to be forced out.

BR,
That sounds like a great plan to me. I like the GT sweatshirt, I may wear my tacky ol' comfy Levis though. That OK?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Beach Runner said:

Awesome BR....I want you on my side!!!! I'd be in elastic waist sweatpants myself. Maybe a shirt that says....HELL NO WE WON'T GO I'D LIKE A PLANTER'S PUNCH PLEASE!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Where else, other than Bud and Alley's, can you find a bunch of girls tied to the bar? sounds like my kind of place. :funn:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Sueshore said:
Awesome BR....I want you on my side!!!! I'd be in elastic waist sweatpants myself. Maybe a shirt that says....HELL NO WE WON'T GO I'D LIKE A PLANTER'S PUNCH PLEASE!!!!

Maybe we could get our "friends" we met that night that wanted to dance with us to come with us. We could chain ourselves to her!:rotfl:

May I have another Miller Lite please?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
Maybe we could get our "friends" we met that night that wanted to dance with us to come with us. We could chain ourselves to her!:rotfl:

May I have another Miller Lite please?

That would sure make for a nice comfy pillow for me, but watch out if you get chained to the gigilo (?) it might get HARD!