1. Summer's End Clearance Sale Everything 30-50% off at Moon Creek Gallery in Grayton Beach Plaza on 283! Your favorite SoWal Photo Prints, Matted Prints, Framed Prints, SoWal T-shirts & Hats.

Shades closing

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by skier, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Shades will have another name, which is yet to be announced, at the East 30-A location. I guess one reason for the slow progress on the new restaurant, is that the owner of that strip is the owner of Shades, so he can take his time. The new place is looking great, and is much closer to completion. I think the owner's brother will be running the show.

2. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

I heard it was Taco Mac??

3. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

Dear Rita.....One of the reasons we go to Seagrove year after year is because of the fact that we very much enjoy riding our bikes up and down beautiful 30a. :roll: I think alot of people find that very charming, we spread our money around alot easier on our bikes................... :blink:

4. Malissa

Malissa Beach Comber

Shades is Owned by the same people that own Taco Mac in the Atlanta area! If they change the name to Taco Mac they might try to bring some of the flavor of Taco Mac into the new palce!

5. Beach Girl

Beach Girl Beach Lover

Does anyone know when any of this will take place? Will Shades still be open the last week of April?

6. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

The official word from Shades is that they are not closing the Seaside location. The new restaurant at Inlet Beach is scheduled to open June 1st.

7. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

I agree with you regarding riding along 30-A. My point was aimed at the riding of bikes on the sidewalks in front of Seaside stores.

8. seagrovelover

seagrovelover little sugar

sorry my mistake :oops:

9. lampkwp

lampkwp Beach Comber

The building where Shades is located will likely be torn down. The plan is to have four story buildings wraped all around the town square. Notice the next time your in Seaside that the Fusion art building and the Book store building are the same. Their design is a match of the education buildings located on the green behind the square. Those building will be moved to the education area, and painted white; shades will be torn down or moved, and live/work/retail four story buildings will complete the square as planned 20 years ago. Shades could reopen in one of the new buildings, if it does not i'm sure somrthing else will.

10. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

All speculation can now be put to rest. There is a sign in front of the former Tuscany Grill that says, "Shades East Opening June 2005."

It will be a welcome addition to east end of 30A.

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  11. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

So, I guess it will open in July, if we are lucky.

12. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

Guess I need to proofread better . . . it is Shades not Shaes . . . sorry!

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  13. skier

skier Beach Lover

I chatted with one of the waitresses last weekend. Apparently, the property is up for sale, but it has not yet sold. The lease renewal is up in the air until a buyer is found or they decide to take the property off the market. The owners are still hopeful that Shades will remain open in Seaside.

Keep your fingers crossed. :confused: