• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

geauxfl

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2005
I've been checking daily. They usually update it once a day in the morning. Today (the 19th) it's still double red. :sosad: I was hoping by now it would have changed. We are coming over on Saturday. I'm still hoping.

Randy

Beach Crab
Jul 16, 2005
:clap_1: THE FLAGS ARE NOW YELLOW :clap_1: as posted by the South Walton Fire Department.

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Sandestin & Red Stick
:sosad: Changed to RED this afternoon. Rats!

I drove up to Barnes & Noble this afternoon on Old 98. The water color (at least from a distance) looked much better than just a few days ago. Still a lot of sargasso rolling up on the beach.

A lot of heavy equipment on the beaches and it appears sand has been trucked in in some areas.

Crab Trap has re-opened, but Pompano Joe's and WhalesTail still closed.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
drsvelte said:
:sosad: Changed to RED this afternoon. Rats!

I drove up to Barnes & Noble this afternoon on Old 98. The water color (at least from a distance) looked much better than just a few days ago. Still a lot of sargasso rolling up on the beach.

A lot of heavy equipment on the beaches and it appears sand has been trucked in in some areas.

Crab Trap has re-opened, but Pompano Joe's and WhalesTail still closed.

The surf has been high due to Emily.

The county is bringing in sand there to replace all the sand they had brought in that was lost during arlene and Dennis.