• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pmiller

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
Hello everybody. I am new to this forum. How does Seagrove look? I was sent an aerial photo of the Motel and villas where my family always stays and it looked like the bluff is eroded all the way up to the patio doors! Has anybody out there been there the last few days? We have a trip planned for October but that photo scared me.

Thanks for any info.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
pmiller said:
Hello everybody. I am new to this forum. How does Seagrove look? I was sent an aerial photo of the Motel and villas where my family always stays and it looked like the bluff is eroded all the way up to the patio doors! Has anybody out there been there the last few days? We have a trip planned for October but that photo scared me.

Thanks for any info.

Hey Buddy....glad you finally found the forum!!! It does not look good for the Villas. I am going to call the Motel today and see what the word is. I think you should still go if you can, in October....I wish I could!!!

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
pmiller said:

Thanks for any info.

Hey, pmiller, I just talked to Debbie at the Villas. She said the E building is closed right now because it is so close to the drop-off. There is no beach access right now either. She said the building itself is fine, and hopefully it should be re-opened by October. The number directly to the Motel is
850-231-1947. You might want to check with them the closer it gets to October! Hope this helps!!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Seagrove Beach, Dennis + 2 weeks

4220scenic30a019.jpg

seagrovefan

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2005
Beautiful! This is the Seagrove I remember from previous trips. Does anyone know if the beach access across from Cassine Garden is up?

kathydwells

Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Beautiful picture kurt!!! Looks so good. Amazing what 2 weeks and mother nature can do!!! Thanks for posting!!!

Denise

Beach Comber
Feb 18, 2005
Dune Allen Beach
seagrovefan said:
Beautiful! This is the Seagrove I remember from previous trips. Does anyone know if the beach access across from Cassine Garden is up?

There is an access open to the east of One Seagrove Place - public access.

amylouky

Beach Lover
Jul 7, 2005
Louisville, KY
Thank you Kurt! What a happy picture.
It is SOOO wonderful to see that beautiful green water again. :clap_1:
Especially since we're at T - 3 weeks and counting! See ya soon!

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
kurt said:
Seagrove Beach, Dennis + 2 weeks

4220scenic30a019.jpg

Great pic Kurt. Just thought owners and others (renters) planning to come down post Dennis might want to hear what a current renter said about the condition of Seagrove this week. They said that they are very happy about their decision to come down to Seagrove just 2 weeks after a major storm.

Her exact words from the email she sent me were..."there are very few signs that a major hurricane blew through here just a few weeks ago...".

The Eastern Lake access west side of the lake is open with steps down to the sand and the lake channel out to the gulf has been trenched and moved east to allow people access to the gulf (and to allow for backfill/repair for a few houses undermined).

We all know the damage that was caused (see pictures from 2 weeks ago)and this is not to say there wasn't any damage or affects but for renters wondering as to whether to go down for their planned week/stay it might help in the decision.

After alot of hard work and a short period of time, the area seems to be recovering well.

:welcome:

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks for the picture Kurt! Dennis knocked out my plans to come down in July so I'm coming down August 12th. This desperate housewife from Kentucky can't wait!!!!