• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Because they cost more and the Tax and Spend Board needs to spend all they can on our 1st Responders to get re-elected to offset their plasma TV purhases.

Vote for Thurston and Kazek - they will help get it redirected to equipment they need to do their jobs.

We don't need a 98,000 Training Chief we need hoses to reach the top floors of our condos.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Why do those fireman wear those stupid lookin yellow golf shirts? How about wearing some good ol fashion blue t-shirts like all the other fireman wear. It scares me when they show up cause I think I have missed my tee time at the golf course. God Bless America

What does it matter what type of shirts they are wearing? When you call for help, it is comforting to know that there will be competent, professional responders walking in that door. I for one would welcome them even if they were wearing pink jumpsuits.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Because they cost more and the Tax and Spend Board needs to spend all they can on our 1st Responders to get re-elected to offset their plasma TV purhases.

Vote for Thurston and Kazek - they will help get it redirected to equipment they need to do their jobs.

We don't need a 98,000 Training Chief we need hoses to reach the top floors of our condos.

How flat screen tv's turn into plasma tv's????? And come on.......having a collar on a shirt means it's time to play golf? And the hoses have been purchased and training with these particular hoses has been completed.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Plasma or LcD really is immaterial. would you have a clue as to exactly why they are needed ? If for FF in the Firehouse I can see - but give me a break in the Chief's Offices.

What a waste. Just another example of exactly why the whole bunch need to be thrown out.

Arrogance prevails.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Plasma or LcD really is immaterial. would you have a clue as to exactly why they are needed ? If for FF in the Firehouse I can see - but give me a break in the Chief's Offices.

What a waste. Just another example of exactly why the whole bunch need to be thrown out.

Arrogance prevails.

If you would call the Chief, or Deputy Chief you will get your answer. Small, flat screen TV's for the wall in certain offices to monitor the weather channel and news channels for obvious reasons. IG: why aren't you calling the SWFD when you have questions you want answers for? :dunno:

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Simple answer - you are the at-large board member and you should be able to answer the questions and not simply refer everyone to the chief.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Questions concerning minor purchases and fire hoses should go to the Chief or the staff. That is not within my scope of responsibility, nor is the day to day business.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
At what level of financial expenditure does your fuduciary responsibility kick-in? You explanation of he "need for the TV's in the various chiefs offices simply does not hol water. We have no local news that is "real time" and could provide provide any benefit in protecting the lives of those in Walton County any better than a NOAA Weather radio.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
I'm offering no opinion on the candidates here, but I do not agree that monitoring the weather radar on small flat screen tv's is not valuable. I do it myself, either on the tv or the computer, and weather radar gives you real time visual information you cannot obtain from a NOAA radio. It can be a lifesaver, particularly in thunderstorm season.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
I agree that it can be beneficial, it is a matter of where best to have that capability. Do we need every Administrative Office with that capability? Surely the monitoring is best done at a slightly lower pay grade and not in every chiefs office.a

They all have computers in their office and can also pull it up anytime they choose.