• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Krista, we have become repeat renters of a place in Grayton that may work for you. We have stayed in more luxurious accommodations, but the location honestly can't be beat. jdarg and some others here should be able to vouch for me. PM me if you want further details.
http://rivardnet.com/RNS/search/propertydetail.aspx?ID=102

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Seacrest is verrrry different than Grayton. Night and day. Before we moved here, we favored Grayton over any other area. I think many returning vacationers favor one area of 30A and return to that area year after year.

I agree. Seacrest has very tall dunes and either steep walkovers or long walkovers. On our very first trip to the area we stayed beachfront in a house in Seacrest right next to RB. It was actually quite a hull down to the beach. We visited Grayton and fell in :love:. I'd love to stay in Grayton sometime but it's hard to find a house we can afford if just the 4 of us come. We settle on Seagrove and visit Grayton. It's a good location to be in the middle of it all.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
There are 3 flights of stairs, about a good 30 stairs probably to get down to the beach by our place but I could use the exercise. :love: Seacrest beach looks like heaven to me. :cool: $900/week in spring. ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Krista, we have become repeat renters of a place in Grayton that may work for you. We have stayed in more luxurious accommodations, but the location honestly can't be beat. jdarg and some others here should be able to vouch for me. PM me if you want further details.
http://rivardnet.com/RNS/search/propertydetail.aspx?ID=102

OL- y'all need to check into this place. The view is great- the Gulf, all the action on Hotz Ave., the people coming and going from the beach. And lots of room- it is very deceiving how spacious it is.

There is just something magical about walking around Grayton at night, and that huge expanse of beach during the day AND at night.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
OL- y'all need to check into this place. The view is great- the Gulf, all the action on Hotz Ave., the people coming and going from the beach. And lots of room- it is very deceiving how spacious it is.

There is just something magical about walking around Grayton at night, and that huge expanse of beach during the day AND at night.

We've always wanted a pool before but now I think we could do without. I'd love to stay there someday!

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
We've always wanted a pool before but now I think we could do without. I'd love to stay there someday!
OL, we never stay anywhere with a pool, and the kids don't seem to miss it. I bet you'd like it there.
P.S. Just because you don't have official access to a pool doesn't mean you can't swim in one. :cool:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Is that by The Red Bar, jdarg? :D
It is located just down the street. You can see the Red Bar from the house, directly across from D&K's.

I'm really surprised at the number of people whom I encounter down here, who've been coming to the beach for years, but never turned south from CR 283/30A. Grayton is of a world all by itself compared to the rest of SoWal, and is the only place bordered to the east and west by State Park Beach.