• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
CDs, T bills, MMFs paying between 4-5 percent now is pretty pretty good for cash lying around. Even high yield savings accounts paying around 4%.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Honestly I'd go annuities right now, much safer and more flexible than a CD. That's a safe route though.

iloveflorida

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
If inflation is 5% and Cd's, Treasuries, and annuities are at 5%. That is a net of zero. Looking to discuss better ROI.

What I did today is short 1000 shares of AAPL just after 10 at 148.88. I then covered my shorts just before lunch at 147.57.

1300 in just over an hour. I set my stop losses and took profits while not be greedy.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If inflation is 5% and Cd's, Treasuries, and annuities are at 5%. That is a net of zero. Looking to discuss better ROI.

What I did today is short 1000 shares of AAPL just after 10 at 148.88. I then covered my shorts just before lunch at 147.57.

1300 in just over an hour. I set my stop losses and took profits while not be greedy.

Annuities and CD's will have a different APY due to capitalization of interest. I prefer safe bets when growing my money, my effort on those is also minimal compared to daily trading. I get it, we have different investment goals and in a way you're viewing this as a hobby?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
42 here, but playing a little bit of catch up on retirement savings mostly.

I do have a brokerage account, but it's mostly random crap I've bought and held. I check it occasionally, but have to limit my exposure or I do stupid stuff like:

Buying GME for it's dividends only to have them immediately stop and tank. Got excited when I randomly checked and had regained my loss plus a little. SOLD! Next day see the whole meme stock thing going on. Kick myself and watch what sort of fortune I just sold in a quick decision.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I have a large position in Starbucks, just riding and reinvesting there. I'm a longer term investor tending toward financial stocks.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Still hoping for that big EMP pulse so my Pitney Bowes might be worth something if mail service came back. If not it's always a nice loss to take if I cash out something else. At least even out the tax liabilities.