• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iloveflorida

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
I hope that conversations like this will spur other like minded individuals to join the group.

I am long term DVN right now selling calls against it for revenue. Take a look at it. Pays a ga dividend as well.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sorry, for personal reasons I stay away from energy stocks.

What platform do you use? I'm primarily in Fidelity, but I'm trying out Ally's and thus far I'm not impressed with Ally's platform it's as clunky as their banking.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Just wanted to throw a little tip out there:

Be wary of small banks offering above market average returns on CD's or even unrestricted deposits. It usually means they need to balance their liabilities and can be a huge red flag.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
IBKR pays incredible interest rate on idle cash.

Dependent on your relationship. That rate requires an overall $100k+ total account. It's half for less than that. I would also venture to guess that rate is being propped up by transaction backend fees and marketing dollars.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
My work 401k is managed by Alight Financial. They are terrible. I had never heard of them before my previous employer was bought by a much bigger company. We had fidelity at my previous employer and I really liked them.

We like Vanguard for our non-work brokerage accounts. Also have a Citi accelerate savings account that is paying out 3.8% right now.

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
Moved from HYSA at Ally to Fidelity CMA - it has everything - no fees, debit card, atm reimbursement, checking, bill pay - you can also buy anything like a brokerage account. Use the whole balance to buy MMF at 4.x% and it autoconverts to cash for bills, checks, etc.

And/or do Tbill or CD ladder.

Their site is also good for research and lots of features. App too.