• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Dabell said:
I think, One More BIG HIT on Destin's Beaches won't stand it! They are small as is. Why doesn't most people of SoWal want to prevent this happening to our beaches? :dunno: :dunno:

If we were really smart, we would discover a way to break up hurricanes. However, then we would be creating a "Don't Grow" box and the Earth would build up steam and eventually implode.

Dabell

Beach Fanatic
Sep 15, 2005
New York
Smiling JOe said:
If we were really smart, we would discover a way to break up hurricanes. However, then we would be creating a "Don't Grow" box and the Earth would build up steam and eventually implode.

I heard that the prevention program was voted down. Then I heard that The County is over turning the votes. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Dabell said:
I heard that the prevention program was voted down. Then I heard that The County is over turning the votes. :dunno:

I do not think anyone on this board is aware of this "prevention program" of which you speak. Tell us about it.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Dabell said:

Prevention program? You know something I don't, so tell us more.
:scratch: :dunno:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Dabell may be referring to beach renourishment. If that is the case, there were no actual votes - but there is/was a very vocal group of opponents. I remember seeing discussion about them when I first joined this board a couple of months ago.

Last edited:

Dabell

Beach Fanatic
Sep 15, 2005
New York
ShallowsNole said:
Dabell may be referring to beach renourishment. If that is the case, there were no actual votes - but there is/was a very vocal group of opponents. I remember seeing discussion about them when I first joined this board a couple of months ago.

Yes! The Renourishment program would be a prevention method program to try to keep our beaches looking the way they do. I heard that the County did take Votes on it and was voted down.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Dabell said:
Yes! The Renourishment program would be a prevention method program to try to keep our beaches looking the way they do. I heard that the County did take Votes on it and was voted down.

By the way, Destin is in Okaloosa County. 30-A is in Walton County.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Dabell said:

There has never been a referendum on beach renourishment - although the matter has been tabled numerous times through the years for various reasons, including threatened legal action by the opposition group. However, there is currently another active thread, with an update from the TDC as to the status beach restoration activities. Obviously, at this point it is reactive instead of proactive. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.