• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Shark!

Beach Comber
Aug 22, 2006
Gulfport / Seacrest
See you Saturday!

taco_man.jpg

reelgirl

Beach Comber
Dec 26, 2006
had lunch there today.. worse taco I have ever had..very small portions, no flavor. Four bucks for a Taco???

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
had lunch there today.. worse taco I have ever had..very small portions, no flavor. Four bucks for a Taco???

I'm with dogdaze. I also had taco's from there today and had the Pollo and the shrimp taco. I was HIGHLY disappointed in both taco's. The shrimp tasted like a peice of rubber and both taco's had no taste at all. IMO, I would have been off going to the local Tom Thumb and picking up a hot dog. I will say their chips and salsa was very good. but that is the only thing positive i can say.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Well, I ate there today too. I have plenty of things to say, but I'll keep it brief. I love the concept of something as simple as a few tacos on the menu and a full bar. I think the location is great. The Taco Bar is nicely decorated and has a very comfortable and casual feel. The servers seem a bit stiff, like they are still next door at Bud and Alley's. They need to loosen up a bit. Maybe some of their stiffness is due to it being new, and maybe awkward since it is new. The prices? I don't mind paying for $3.50 - $4.00 in Seaside for a taco, but it better taste good. I was greeted by a friendly cashier, who I recognized from the former Seaside Shades, who took my order and money. She seemed happy to be working there. I love the limited menu, especially after getting overwhelmed with selection at Roly Poly. Keep it simple. I'd heard several good comments on the Chorizo Taco, Shrimp Taco, Steak Taco, and the Twice cooked Pork Tacos. I decided to try the Shrimp Taco and the Fried Fish Taco. The presentation was very nice on both tacos, and each was slightly different, which I like. The portion of fish on the Fried Fish Taco was plentiful, as I expected. I was a little more disappointed with only three shrimp on the Grilled Shrimp Taco. Neither of my tacos was seasoned, not even salt and pepper which are basics in my opinion. I would have preferred a little Old Bay or Blackening spices on the Grilled Shrimp. The guacamole on that taco was tasty and would have mellowed out the spice of the seasoning. I would add a little kick to the fried fish as well, just to make it balance the coolness of the cabbage. I did manage to hear about some tomatillo and chipotle sauce on the bar inside, and think that should be made known to all. Maybe rather than serving the food, if I had to go back and collect the order, I would have known it was there. That would also take out some of the stuffiness factor. I had to get up to get the sauce anyway, so why bother with table service?

Overall, from this one experience, I rate it as average, but I think it would take only a little bit to make it a really good place where I would eat often. Adding some seasoning to the meats on the tacos will go a long way. When I walked in the door, I thought that I could see myself hanging out here very often. Adjust the seasoning slightly, and maybe I will. ;-) I think the Taco Bar has really good potential for great success.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
Nice "brief" review SJ. ;-) I'm a huge fan of fish tacos and am hoping that the jalapeno tartar sauce has just not been mentioned yet. I'm really looking forward to checking it out this weekend.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Add me to the list that ate lunch there today. It's a great place to hang, with the neat open-air bar and the shaded outside tables. I'll be back.

I had a fish taco. I thought it was a little smallish and bland. The ones in San Diego (closest I've been to Baja) seem to have a more flavorful white sauce. At that size, it will take 3 to make a meal. The bean and rice side dish was good, though, with a topping of fresh chopped onion and cilantro.

I agree with SJ that the servers will probably loosen up with time.

I'm sure Dave will sort it out, he likes us to keep coming back.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
TACO BAR

TACO’S, TEQUILA & CERVEZA
SEASIDE, FLORIDA 231-4781

CINCO DE MAYO STREET PARTY THIS SATURDAY!

$6.00 GRAN CENTARIO SILVER MARGARITA’S ALL DAY lONG

SPONSORED BY TACO BAR AND THE BEACHSIDE SHOPS OF SEASIDE

Last edited: