• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Could it be possible that when these sellers originally bought the properties, they were told by their Realtors and developers "Now's a great time to buy; they're not making any more land; buy before you're priced out of the market; this area is "special" and worth these high premiums; the baby boomers are coming! the baby boomers are coming!!!; real estate values only go up; if you don't buy now you'll regret it; real estate investing is less risky than the stock market;..etc., etc., etc." ??

If the seller is now finding out what their Realtor/developer told them wasn't exactly factual on the way up, I can understand why they're having a difficult time believing what they're being told on the way down.

When it's all said and done, all the rah-rah Real Estate rhetoric spewed by the NAR/FAR, their agents and developers during the frenzy is a contributor what's biting them in the arse now.

You're making a very good statement about why Realtors should never make forward thinking statements about values when they are representing a buyer. That type of talk is better left for people both trained and insured for that business.

In 2004 and 2005 I watched to me professionals tell a buyer that they will make money in a transaction. IMO, thoses Realtors should buy the properties back now.

CROX is selling at $1? WoW! I knew they were a fad.

Anytime you see a national consumer product experience brisk sales from a convenience store bulk display bin you can count on it being the last part of a bubble.

It's like every teacher, baker, builder and landscaper also pursuing a Realtor's license. The end of a bubble is near.

Circus Maximus was at its grandest scale just before the demise.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
Then there is Yahoo. Google has brought Chrome out of beta and it is just a matter of time before Google hammers Yahoo's portal business. Yahoo really has nowhere to go. Wonder how Bill Miller of Legg-Mason feels these days?

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
in 2004 iw as looking at the property across from seacrest called sunset beach i think its called. the realator guaranteed me 25% annual returns

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Could it be possible that when these sellers originally bought the properties, they were told by their Realtors and developers "Now's a great time to buy; they're not making any more land; buy before you're priced out of the market; this area is "special" and worth these high premiums; the baby boomers are coming! the baby boomers are coming!!!; real estate values only go up; if you don't buy now you'll regret it; real estate investing is less risky than the stock market;..etc., etc., etc." ??

If the seller is now finding out what their Realtor/developer told them wasn't exactly factual on the way up, I can understand why they're having a difficult time believing what they're being told on the way down.

When it's all said and done, all the rah-rah Real Estate rhetoric spewed by the NAR/FAR, their agents and developers during the frenzy is a contributor what's biting them in the arse now.

Talk about beating a dead horse... OK. You may be onto something here. In past threads we have all agreed the boom was because of Developers/Realtors/banks/buyers/sellers/etc. I was just curious why the banks were the only ones getting bailed out if all the above were spewing Real Estate rhetoric? :dunno: Where's my bail out? :D

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
chrome should have stayed in beta a while longer.

What a fascinating tangent discussion.. why? Do you think Chrome will ultimately replace Firefox as the de'jour IE competitor down the road?

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Talk about beating a dead horse... OK. You may be onto something here. In past threads we have all agreed the boom was because of Developers/Realtors/banks/buyers/sellers/etc. I was just curious why the banks were the only ones getting bailed out if all the above were spewing Real Estate rhetoric? :dunno: Where's my bail out? :D

Hook up with one of the bailed out banks and sell off their glut of inventory. ;-)