• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mystified

Beach Lover
Jan 6, 2008
"Bay County's Best Place to Contract a Disease you Won't Even be Able to Pronounce."

(Free Penicillin with every order!)

OMG thats why i rarely eat out:scratch: once i ate in a new place in penn station and saw a fella wearing awhite apron enter and exit the mens room so fast there was no way he coulda washed his hands.:yikes: i never ate there again. in fact i rarely ate in the city while working there. maybe a bagel from time to time but mostly i brought stuff from home. i've become a germaphobic:blink:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Department of Business and Professional Regulation has health inspection reports on their web site. See if this works:

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/inspectionDates.asp?SID=&id=2131254

Inspection Date Inspection Type Result Critical Violations
01/04/2008 Routine - Food Warning Issued 38
02/22/2007 Routine - Food Inspection Completed - No Further Action 8

Highlights include:

Online Help (FAQs)

Each inspection report is a "snapshot" of conditions present at the time of the inspection. By using this search, you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Licensee
Name: BLACK ANGUS REST & LOUNGE License Number: SEA1303179
Primary Status: Current Secondary Status: Active
Location Address: 4500 W HWY 98
PANAMA CITY, FL 32401-1027

Inspection Information
FOLLOW-UP INSPECTION REQUIRED
Violations require further review, but are not an immediate threat to the public.
Inspection Type Inspection Date Result Critical Violations Non-Critical Violations
Routine - Food 01/04/2008 Warning Issued
More information about inspections.
38 10
Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below. Critical violations are displayed in red.
Violation Observation
01B-25-1 Critical. Observed food with mold-like growth.
02-22-1 Critical. Ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food prepared on site and held more than 24 hours with not properly date marked.
02-26-1 Critical. Working containers of food removed from original container not identified by common name.
08A-21-1 Critical. Self-service salad bar/buffet lacking adequate sneezeguards or other proper protection from contamination.
08A-29-1 Critical. Observed uncovered food in holding unit/dry storage area.Fish
08A-29-1 Critical. Observed uncovered food in holding unit/dry storage area.Ice bin
08B-04-1 Critical. Observed cloth used as a food-contact surface.
09-05-1 Critical. Observed improper use of bowl/plastic food container or other container with no handle used to dispense food that is not ready-to-eat.
12A-02-1 Critical. Observed hand wash sink used for purpose other than washing hands.
14-29-1 Observed establishment using sponges on cleaned and sanitized, or in-use food-contact surface.
21-11-1 Wiping cloth chlorine sanitizing solution not at proper minimum strength.100ppm
22-28-1 Critical. Observed interior of walkin -in cooler soiled with accumulation of food residue.
23-04-1 Observed build-up of mold-like substance on surface of nonfood-contact surface.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Ive never been there because people call it the black anus, so I figured I would pass.

excellent reasoning there.

OMG - the above inspection report is awful, but probably still too kind.

skunk: so were the lamps "antique fake antque lamps"?

the place just sounds so awful. thank you for saving any of us from such an experience.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I always wondered what that place was like, but never had the nerve to go in. I also have wondered if it's somehow part of the Black Angus chain of restaurants. We had those in CA and they were pretty popular, so I'm thinking not.

No relation, just named and opened years ago.

Doesn't the sign out front say "Voted Bay County's Best"?

Lot's of questionable stuff in Bay County is voted best. Those are usually based on the annual News Herald Best of Bay survey. Lots of ways to throw those results off. Namely they are voted on by older people and some business's have been known to buy hundreds of copies and vote for themselves.