• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I agree, that if a teacher is a sponsor for club or a coach for sports and they can't get licensed then what happens?

According to the law they can't even get behind the wheel of a bus without that certification let alone drive students to an event.

Seems to me like a law-suit waiting for a place to happen.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I did not mean to imply that things would be different had the votes been different. But I do not think it is a coincidence that the news was delivered right after the election. I understand that the shortfall will require cuts and a "blended" approach. But good leadership would dictate that those cuts begin in administration and that those are the first cuts announced. Cutting the programs and those delivering the programs to the students should be the last cuts made, after all other alternatives have been exhausted. And cuts which effect the contract must be negotiated to avoid a labor complaint and sanctions. Just good business to make your workers partners, especially when they have not had a raise, other than state-generated, in years and the shortfall is your fault, not theirs.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
And teachers should give up planning time since the elected super can't manage the system? Remember that next time the budget cuts come to your neck of the woods Bob.

That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is a solution has to be found and from experience it is more palatable when both side work together to find the solution. I could suggest a solution that I might find acceptable but the rest of us would not. That is why I said I would like to see what the teachers could come up with. There are no easy solutions from my perspective and I think it is horrendous that the Superintendent and the School Board missed the screw up, but the fact is according to what they say, they are short. So without trying to go back through the budget process and trying to raise taxes I want to know what we cut and how it won't effect the education of the kids.

I have been part of the negotiation process, on and off for the past 10 years and sometimes sacrifices are made and in the end, what you try to do is minimize the impact to the members.

JDarg Politically speaking, by not saying it during the election cycle was to the no's benefit. I did not see it mentioned much on here or at the forums but I could have missed it. To me that would have been one of the reason for the push for a change. I still think you and your team did an awesome job. and Thanks for your effort.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
I think it's funny that this news wasn't shared before the election. ;)

Not funny, sad. I suspect mrs. Anderson thinks the teachers were behind the referendum and this is her way of punishing them. Anyone else remember her escapades against her opponent after the last election? Anyone with a bad set of eyes could have seen this coming. Of course it wasn't going to happen before the election. If it had maybe people would have been reminded of her shortcomings and sent a message that she and her politics are not wanted. Time to begin recruiting a strong candidate to run against her. Let's start a ABC political action committee now. Of course, ABC stands for Anybody But Carlene

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
The queen has spoken. If she decides to run again she can add to her resume' that she graduated Suma cum laude from the Leona Helmsley School of Charm.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is a solution has to be found and from experience it is more palatable when both side work together to find the solution. I could suggest a solution that I might find acceptable but the rest of us would not. That is why I said I would like to see what the teachers could come up with. There are no easy solutions from my perspective and I think it is horrendous that the Superintendent and the School Board missed the screw up, but the fact is according to what they say, they are short. So without trying to go back through the budget process and trying to raise taxes I want to know what we cut and how it won't effect the education of the kids.

I have been part of the negotiation process, on and off for the past 10 years and sometimes sacrifices are made and in the end, what you try to do is minimize the impact to the members.

Step one: The elected super who allowed an unqualified subordinate to take over a $100 M budget should forego her salary until the mess is cleaned up.

Step two: The paid school board that allowed this to happen under their noses should forego their salaries until the mess is cleaned up.

The teachers did not make this mess. "Professional" (Haha) administrators made this mess, although they are given plenty of money that the super requests. There is no budget shortage. There is a budget incompetence and it's pure BS that anyone would think the teachers, that only got a raise after the governor gave it to them (And the Queen tried to give that to the janitors), should be asked to suffer more because elected good ole boys can't do their damn job!