• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
IBD-
You amaze me! You have given all of us quite a gift with your post. I'm sure that everyone on this board has had you so deeply on our minds and hearts. Your strength and faith are something that will shine for your sweet little IBD in her life. Miss Kitty said it all so well, thank you for that. You are a dear friend to so many, and I hope that you can lean on all those around you (even in spirit:love: ) during those hard times. We all love you very much-

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I wanted to just say that so many people in our community are feeling the loss of their beloved friends who died on that plane. Like our Franny, who personally knew them all. :love: I'm thinking of everyone in South Walton, and beyond who have lost their family and friends in this tragic accident.

I'm especially thinking of IBD, Mr IBD and Little IBD:love: . Thanks IBD for letting us see you here - it makes us feel a little better just knowing that you are at your computer for a moment and that you are going to be okay.:love:

To Franny and Mr Franny, Jenny, Rapunzel (our resident martha stewart) and skunky and Bdarg... you are all working hard. I appreciate what you are doing to support IBD on behalf of IBD's sowal friends. :love:

thanks to our ocean lover for helping so much with behind the scenes communication, keeping sowal friends informed.

and thanks to everyone on this board expressing their feelings and concern and their need to help their beautiful friend - you know who you are! :love: we've heard from so many of you - and you are all the very best!

Last edited:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
The love felt here transcends time, space and computer wire! :love:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Rebecca: You sure were raised to have strength -- that's a wonderful gift to have been given that I'm sure you and Mr. IBD are passing on to little IBD. Here's a poem that someone passed on to my sisters and me when my mother died -- I love it.

I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning
breeze and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch her
until at length she is only a
speck of white cloud
just where the sea and sky meet
and mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side exclaims,
?There, she?s gone!?
Gone where? Gone from my side, that is all.
She is just as large in hull and mast and spar as she was
when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of
living freight to the place of her destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment when someone at my side says
?She?s gone?
there are other eyes watching for her coming
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout,
?There she comes!?

With many thoughts and prayers for you and your family,
Paula

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
we missed IBD today when we dropped off a bunch of food & gifts from several sowallers - thanks so much for your cooking sowal friends!!! we had a chance to visit with Mr IBD and loved being with him - he is really an adorable louisana guy with much spirit and just so real. I'm just sorry I didn't have a spam cake to deliver...

beachmom is doing a fried turkey tomorrow to take to the IBD family - how wonderful!

we love you InletBchDweller and continuing to think of you, pray for your family, and wishing you peace... merry merry little IBD!!! :love: for santa is coming tonight.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
we missed IBD today when we dropped off a bunch of food & gifts from several sowallers - thanks so much for your cooking sowal friends!!! but we visited with Mr IBD and loved being with him - he is really an adorable louisana guy with much spirit and just so real. I'm just sorry I didn't have a spam cake to deliver...

beachmom is doing a fried turkey tomorrow to take to IBD - how wonderful!

we love you InletBchDweller and continuing to think of you, pray for your family, and wishing you peace... merry merry little IBD!!! :love: for santa is coming tonight.
Tootsie and Jdarg, thank you so much for being the delivery friends! I don't think I could have gotten the Pumpkin Pie there otherwise.

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself reading every post that comes on this thread, and I am grateful to know so many caring people. You are not "virtual" friends -- You are real people with caring souls! Again, a special thanks to Kurt for putting this SoWal thing together! It has brought us all together in what might otherwise be a quiet little community in the offseason.

IBD, I wish you, Mr IBD and Little Miss IBD a very Merry Christmas!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
May you find comfort in recalling memories of happy holiday times spent together and peace in knowing your loved ones are never further than a thought away.

Last edited:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
IBD you amaze me -- I agree 100 percent with Paula about how you are passing on your strength to little IBD. I am certain she will always remember how you are handling things, and she will love and appreciate you even more for it one day. Thank you for thinking of us enough to check in. Please remember to take care of yourself, too, okay? Though I know it will be hard.

Thank you Toots for pointing out that many people lost loved ones in this tragic crash. I wish them all some semblance of peace tonight.