• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
SYDNEY (MarketWatch) - Shares in the St. Joe Company (JOE 23.81, -3.72, -13.51%) fell more than 13% in after-hours trading on Wednesday. The firm said it would delay the release of its fourth quarter and fiscal-year results. The company has postponed its earnings report to Mar. 1, from Feb. 24. The Florida-based real estate developer said the extension is required in order to finalize its Form 10-K.

Ouch. They're having trouble with the numbers and Wall Street knows it.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
easy Ghandi. I'm going to take all my money ( and maybe some JOE profits from the last couple months) and pour them into local businesses, locally owned, organically fed, globally thoughtful, locally active. Even if I lose by your standards, I'll win by mine.

But its hard to argue with "dude" JOE "sucks" as a stock, and when you boldface that JOE is 'not' a good investment, that's when I backaway from the dialogue, b/c you've already clearly won, in bold, because you also hate Walmart and shop locally pass the bong

So, as the guy who came on the board and recommended to others to buy this stock and hold for 50 years because there is huge upside in the underlying assets, are you still in for 50 years???:lol: Or, as is likely the case, have you cut and run (partially or fully sold) now that it is quite apparent that the run up was not based on reality and there is no place to go but down over the next 50 years?

This has always been and always will be a dog company and stock. Sure, the market goes up and down as it does with virtually all stocks. Day trading can be very profitable on virtually any stock. But, the key to this thread is the LONG TERM value of JOE. And, bottom line, the long term value of the stock is well under $10. Most of the land held by JOE is only worth timber value. The little bit of land that has real developable potential is not big enough to significantly move the overall value.

Berkowitz is talking a big talk, but there is no way to make this company profitable in the short term. The company is bleeding cash and cutting a few top execs is only window dressing in an attempt to drive the stock price up short term. Berk is not in for the long haul. He is simply trying to prop up the company to find the greater fool. JOE will eat through its cash stockpile and be in big trouble within the next couple of years.

Please let me know how this company has fared in the next 50--no lets say 10 years. Focusing on the last few months says nothing about the long term value of the company. Your first comment on this thread was looking long term but you quickly turned into a day trader in your discussions.

cooper

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Happy to buy Joe stock from you at "well under $10/share" now or any time in my remaining years. I flew out of the pcb airport yesterday (launched by that short term thinking company). It was completely packed. I drove by the hospital in sandestin several times last week. Parking lot looked pretty crowded with employees (year round jobs with benefits). Joe has given
sowal infrastructure to be more than just a tourism driven economy but continues to be slaughtered on this board. What other private (or public) source has put more of it's assets into improving our area?

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
So, as the guy who came on the board and recommended to others to buy this stock and hold for 50 years because there is huge upside in the underlying assets, are you still in for 50 years???:lol: Or, as is likely the case, have you cut and run (partially or fully sold) now that it is quite apparent that the run up was not based on reality and there is no place to go but down over the next 50 years?

This has always been and always will be a dog company and stock. Sure, the market goes up and down as it does with virtually all stocks. Day trading can be very profitable on virtually any stock. But, the key to this thread is the LONG TERM value of JOE. And, bottom line, the long term value of the stock is well under $10. Most of the land held by JOE is only worth timber value. The little bit of land that has real developable potential is not big enough to significantly move the overall value.

Berkowitz is talking a big talk, but there is no way to make this company profitable in the short term. The company is bleeding cash and cutting a few top execs is only window dressing in an attempt to drive the stock price up short term. Berk is not in for the long haul. He is simply trying to prop up the company to find the greater fool. JOE will eat through its cash stockpile and be in big trouble within the next couple of years.

Please let me know how this company has fared in the next 50--no lets say 10 years. Focusing on the last few months says nothing about the long term value of the company. Your first comment on this thread was looking long term but you quickly turned into a day trader in your discussions.

what are you upset about? Are you upset the stock has gone up 30% already? The stock was a leading indicator on February sales figures you're seeing now. Sorry dude. Sorry the sky isn't falling for South Walton, people love it. I've got 49 years and 7 months to go for this holding, we'll see how it turns out. Good luck to you shorting it.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
what are you upset about? Are you upset the stock has gone up 30% already? The stock was a leading indicator on February sales figures you're seeing now. Sorry dude. Sorry the sky isn't falling for South Walton, people love it. I've got 49 years and 7 months to go for this holding, we'll see how it turns out. Good luck to you shorting it.

homeboy, are you Shelly's alterego? We haven't heard much from Shelly since his "wager" with me regarding JOE back about 5 months ago.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
homeboy, are you Shelly's alterego? We haven't heard much from Shelly since his "wager" with me regarding JOE back about 5 months ago.

No. But, he/she seemed to have a pretty good business sense.

How about answering a few of the questions? Are you still in for 50 years or did you dump and run when the stock ran up (ie: knowing it is way, way overvalued)?

The stock really got a nice pop when the $50 million lease hit the news a couple of weeks ago??? Ha.

Good luck with this one over the long term.

Last edited:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
It was "bought" higher than the current price--all were "bought" at the market close price on Nov 4, $2000 worth per stock:

INTC: $20.97 (Current share price: $21.69)
SPY: $122.26 (Current share price: $122.89)
JOE: $20.17 (Current share price: $18.63)

Nov 4th -> June 1st, Shelly gets to take a bow. Independent of dividends on SPY and Intel:

SPY: 9.2%
INTC: 6.62%
JOE: 5.6%

Plus Intel yields 3.3%, SPY, 1.6%.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
robert are you a stk investor for a living?looks like joe is heading to the teens and took all your profit