• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
clueless? dropped another 3% from 2 hrs ago.i'll buy at $15. i actually made $1.50 on a chunk for 2 weeks ago and dumped. davis has bee puping this since $30

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
clueless? dropped another 3% from 2 hrs ago.i'll buy at $15. i actually made $1.50 on a chunk for 2 weeks ago and dumped. davis has bee puping this since $30

I was talking about Robert. There are plenty of stocks for which a trader can capitalize on short term price fluctuations. As I said before, nothing special about JOE in that regard.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
yes there are many i bought sina at $77 2 or so weeks ago and sold at $86 a day later and it hit $116 today. bought some apple calls when it was around $314 sold a few days later and it hits $350 today

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
back in 2006 I suggested to folks to short JOE, if they couldn't sell there home in South Walton, as a proxy for doing the same. I think the pendulum has swung ridiculously far to the negative side, and that the Short Joe trade is cooked, done. I think it's time to buy JOE, and lock the shares away for 50 years.

good luck to all.

At yesterdays close of $14.99, I assume you have put your entire nest egg into JOE.

austin101

Beach Comber
Mar 16, 2008
Not sure if it was a good or bad day for JOE.

Bad: Kitson purchased his debt on the Babcock Ranch for $49mm...that equates to $536 per acre for 91,000 acres just outside of Ft. Myers...terrible comp for JOE

Good: Rick Scott announced he's running for re-election in 2014. If re-elected, Scott will definitely make sure Florida begins producing electricity from its own natural gas reserves before leaving office. JOE could become an energy play when that happens given their vast amounts of land in NW Florida and coastal assets in Port St. Joe.

Last I looked, almost 80% of the stock's float is shorted!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Did you really just suggest that we should buy stock in JOE because if Scott gets reelected in several years they will start fracking?

Nothing like drilling rigs and carcinogens to improve the value of your high-end vacation land prices!