• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, Patterson has simply grown as a songwriter and vocalist. DBT rules! If you have never seen them live, I can honestly say there is not a better live band going right now anywhere.

If you remember those old days, you probably remember the old Redneck Underground movement in Atlanta with acts like Gregory Dean Smalley, Blacktop Rockets, Deacon Lunchbox, etc.

Check out the Truckers new album "A Blessing and a Curse." Pat wrote and sings eight of the 11 songs.

JB gives it two thumbs up!

BTW, you can hear one of the new ones here:
http://newwestrecords.com/download.php?file=podcast/10_dbtvalentine.mp3

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I just finished looking, without success, for an old cassette tape which Patterson made for me long ago of some of his recordings made in his living room with just him and a guitar. I think I may have trashed it when I replaced most of my cassette decks with CD players. :sosad:

Smiling JOe said:
Patterson and his ex-wife, Donna Jane use to work for me in Athens. Both of those guys are really cool people. I remember when Patterson first moved to Athens and he played this little pizza joint downtown, I think there were five us watching his show. Within about two years, he was rocking the entire town, and IMO, his best performances were his solo gigs before he got the Truckers together. Patterson with a plugged in acoustic guitar and his grungy Muscle Shoals vocals were the best. I cannot say that I like him better with his croanies. Where did the old Patterson go?

When were you living in Athens? I spent several years there long ago as a younger man/student??.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jessifunn said:
this one's for you smiley j....i don't know if you knew this or not but tishamingo used to play bud & alleys all the time a few years back. i don't think you lived here then.
This is a fact.
Those were the good ole days Jfunn. ;-)
Then there was the guy with the sock in his pants!
And Jack Cranford used to play up there...And Kenny played with Jack.
Are bands even upstairs anymore?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just_In_Thyme said:
When were you living in Athens? I spent several years there long ago as a younger man/student??.
School from 1988 to 1991, then stayed around until April 01 2000 when I set out for a change of pace - literally.

JFunn, I don't make it to B&A too often, but had I known a good band was playing, things could have been different.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Kimmifunn said:
This is a fact.
Those were the good ole days Jfunn. ;-)
Then there was the guy with the sock in his pants!
And Jack Cranford used to play up there...And Kenny played with Jack.
Are bands even upstairs anymore?

Kimmi- you know the dj is up there now! C'mon now! You are a member of the Tarpon Club. :clap_1:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
whiteyfunn said:
Kimmi- you know the dj is up there now! C'mon now! You are a member of the Tarpon Club. :clap_1:
DeJota EJota! :rotfl:
Bands used to play up there!
And there was one band- back when I was still in school- that would let me sing with them. Oh God it was bad. :funn:

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
This is just a reminder that Athens based, southern rock band, Tishamingo, will be performing at Baytowne Wharf on Wed May 3 from 7-9pm. Bring your lawn chair and your own boose and enjoy the sounds. Tishamingo has a sound reminding me of a mix of Widespread Panic, Drivin' and Cryin', and Allman Bros, combined. It will be a great show. Hope to see you there. The show is free. :clap_1: Thanks, Baytowne, for getting some decent bands for your free Wed night shows. :D:love:

To hear some samples, go to Tishamingo's site and click on "click here for album preview and details," and you can listen to a few songs off of their album, "Wear and Tear."
We're regulars at these Summer concerts - see you there SJ!