• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
I own a lot in Watersound that I bought in Dec of 2002, so I have alot of wiggle room. We are going to build a home as soon as our architectural plans are approved by the DRB. One thing concerning me though is all the talk about building and material costs going up because of Katrina and Rita. My builder says not to worry because costs have come down to where they were prior to the big hurricanes.....but I am still worried. Any thoughts or comments??? I have to build ( and want to build ) because I am bumping up against the buildout deadline. We figure we will get the go ahead by early February. I have a primo lot and am really looking forward to spending time there. It is so beautiful.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
goofer44 said:
I own a lot in Watersound that I bought in Dec of 2002, so I have alot of wiggle room. We are going to build a home as soon as our architectural plans are approved by the DRB. One thing concerning me though is all the talk about building and material costs going up because of Katrina and Rita. My builder says not to worry because costs have come down to where they were prior to the big hurricanes.....but I am still worried. Any thoughts or comments??? I have to build ( and want to build ) because I am bumping up against the buildout deadline. We figure we will get the go ahead by early February. I have a primo lot and am really looking forward to spending time there. It is so beautiful.

Seems to me that if you are bumping up against a buildout time then the time to order all your materials is a month or two before hurricane season starts. By that time the market should not be regulated by hype/hysteria but true supply and demand. Hopefully the concrete shortage will have eased by then too.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
GreenWaveDave:

Are you a realtor or a developer/property owner with property on the eastern end of 30A? I live on the eastern end of 30A and I don't think there are any "deals." I have been watching lot prices very closely. On the eastern end of 30A there are a bunch of stubborn vacant lot owners who haven't lowered their prices since the Spring. That is, the prices don't reflect the "slow" summer/fall that we've had and it is obvious that the owners are more interested in getting an inflated price than in selling. If you want deals, go to WaterSound where you can get a lot for the same or less as lots in Sea Breeze.

I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone buy on this end of 30A without some heavy negotiation in price.

Katie Blue has a lot for sale that is reasonable, but there are very few other "good deals" in this area right now.

GreenWaveDave

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2005
I am an owner at Seacrest Beach.

I have seen large lots west of Alys Beach with ask prices in the $500's with gulfviews and less than 100 yards walk to the sand.

Considering 12-18 months ago people we're buying these in the $600's and $700's I would call that a deal. No?

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Thanks, CCK.
True, we have a pretty 100x142' lot that backs up to the Camp Creek golf course with deeded beach access down the street, for sale at a very, very reasonable price. It's listing right now for 399K but we're willing to negotiate considerably in order to get out of the monthly payments. (took some major financial hits this year to home and health, and need to tighten our belt, quickly.) Nearby lots are $550K, $499 and the adjacent lot $700K. It's a good deal, by all accounts.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
katie blue said:
Thanks, CCK.
True, we have a pretty 100x142' lot that backs up to the Camp Creek golf course with deeded beach access down the street, for sale at a very, very reasonable price. It's listing right now for 399K but we're willing to negotiate considerably in order to get out of the monthly payments. (took some major financial hits this year to home and health, and need to tighten our belt, quickly.) Nearby lots are $550K, $499 and the adjacent lot $700K. It's a good deal, by all accounts.[/QUOTE]

KB, What's MLS # for this lot please??
Will pass the info along to a possible interested party.

IMO as soon as the activity picks-up it will do so rather briskly....and my expectation for this is withiin the next 6-7 weeks or so. I personally plan to go ahead and close on a couple of lots in early January....most likely will hold on to them for minimum of a year. Several friends who I consider very good real estate investors have recently closed on lots as well which has been enouraging at the very least!!

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Hey PK-
It's MLS# 379111 in Seacrest. Thanks for asking.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
GreenWaveDave said:
I am an owner at Seacrest Beach.

I have seen large lots west of Alys Beach with ask prices in the $500's with gulfviews and less than 100 yards walk to the sand.

Considering 12-18 months ago people we're buying these in the $600's and $700's I would call that a deal. No?

Where? I haven't seen any lots with the above description for that price.

GreenWaveDave

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2005
Camp Creek Kid said:
Where? I haven't seen any lots with the above description for that price.

Second lot in on the left on Brenda Lane listed at $599K.

First lot on right listed at $749K and lot across (second on right) sold for $618k about 12 months ago-now has new house on it that was listed at $1,599,000. All other lots listed way far back all above $600k.

I didn't mean to imply there are tons of deals, but there are a few.

List prices don't mean what they used to either. Sellers are willing to deal.